Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Skaters You Feel Left The Scene Too Soon

Custom Title
    Sarah Hughes!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    Ksenia Makarova. She competed in Intermediate last season and qualified for Nationals at that level. However, she didn't skate nearly as well in her Nationals qualifying round as she did in winning her Regional title, and did not make the Final round. I believe she included a double axel and 2 triples (salchow and loop) in her Intermediate free skate last season.
    Thanks. Hopefully we will see her compete at the nationals in a few years.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Krylova & Ovsiannikov - one of my favorite dance teams ever. They could have gone so much further and produced so many more masterpieces.
    Kristina Czako - I miss her skating a lot. She was such a unique presence on the ice.
    Shine, ITA about K&O. They were among my most favorite ice dance teams. Anjelika's injury ended their eligible career, and they did not have a chance to try to win the OGM in 2002. In fact after they retired, I lost interest in ice dance for a few years.

Why did Kristina Czako retire? She was exciting to watch. I remember the first time I saw her skate- in the 1992 Olympics. She was a cute 13 year old then. I love her Addams family number skated a few years later.

Vash

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Why did Kristina Czako retire? She was exciting to watch. I remember the first time I saw her skate- in the 1992 Olympics. She was a cute 13 year old then. I love her Addams family number skated a few years later.

Vash
    She looked totally dispirited after missing her chance for a medal at the 97 Worlds by flubbing her free skate performance. Maybe that is when she decided since I never saw her again after that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4