So, who is going? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So, who is going?

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Now here's a real problem. I have all event passes for SA. But I was just informed by my calc prof that I will have an exam at 9:30 on friday morning that weekend. I go to Syracuse University, so it is about a four hour drive away (and I don't drive). Prof states that a doctors note is required to get out of exams. Any sugestions about how I can avoid missing the SPs?

Here ya go!

To: Prof. Terry McConnell, Chair
Department of Mathematics
Syracuse University

Dear Prof. McConnell:

Theatregirl is very sick. She cannot attend her calculus class on Friday. She will feel better on Monday, and will be happy to make up the exam then.

(signed) Dr. Mathman

No, wait!

Dear Prof. McConnell:

Theatregirl has been selected, after an exhaustive nationwide search, to participate in a prestigious mathematics enrichment program to be held in Hartford, Connecticut, October 26-29. Seminars will be held on statistical analysis of judging protocols, a topic of great national importance with applications to voting patterns in democracies versus oligarchies.

The organizing committee sincerely hopes that Theatregirl will be allowed to contribute her expertise to this professional convention, and we hereby petition on her behalf for a postponement of obligations to her calculus class for those dates. (Just give her an automatic A.)

I remain,

Your respectful colleague,

Prof. I. M. Mathman, PhD.

TheatreGirl - I haven't seen the Schedule of Events for SA but on Friday morning, I think you will only miss practice sessions.

It might be that late afternoon will be Mens Final and Original Dance later that ev ening.

So if you finish the test by noon, you can drive to Hartford and still see what I think will be the Mens.

Joe

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
TheatreGirl - I haven't seen the Schedule of Events for SA but on Friday morning, I think you will only miss practice sessions.

It might be that late afternoon will be Mens Final and Original Dance later that ev ening.

So if you finish the test by noon, you can drive to Hartford and still see what I think will be the Mens.

That is true about friday morning, the issue is Thursday night. Both the mens and pairs (my two favorite events) are on Thursday night. I don't know if there is any way out of this one.

Mathman, thank you for the letter, I'm sure that will work. The prof is unlikly to notice our odd names. :biggrin:

Thursday night could be (I don't know the schedule) Men's SP and Compulsory Dance. Are they that important to you? (They would be for me.)

I presume you will be studying on Thursday night.

Joe

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Thursday night could be (I don't know the schedule) Men's SP and Compulsory Dance. Are they that important to you? (They would be for me.)

I presume you will be studying on Thursday night.

Joe

Thursday night is Compulsory Dance, Mens SP, and Pairs SP. Men and Pairs are my favorite, so it's pretty irritating. I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to "make it work".

The issue is not that I will be studying. I took calc in highschool and recieved transfer credit. I decided to retake it because it's important for my major. I will be able to study before thursday night. The issue is really that there is not way for me to be in CT on thursday night and in Syracuse on friday morning.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Theatergirl, do you have a link to the schedule? I will probably go down for 1 or 2 days - it will be cool to know what's when to be able to plan. I can't find the schedule at the site.

Thanks!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thanks!

Edited to add: OK, so I'll definitely be there on Saturday - just ordered the tickets.

Last edited:
I think they schedule the ladies in the earlier time slot (6:30-8:00) so that families with young children can go.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm going, too. My tickets haven't arrived, but 'nutmeg state games' assures me that I will receive them soon.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
I'm going, too. My tickets haven't arrived, but 'nutmeg state games' assures me that I will receive them soon.

My mother is definitly getting nervous now. She called me today to ask why we hadn't gotten our tickets yet.

She also hasn't seen any comertials or adds in the paper for this. I think that's a real miss and the USFSA should get on this. There are plenty of people in the Hartford area who would go to this (especially Ladies LPs) who wouldn't necessarily travel to see it and aren't necessarily regular skating watchers.

As of 10 September, there are still 46 days to curtain.

You still have time to get the tickets Theatregirl. Maybe they are holding back so that you won't have time to complain about the seats?:scratch:

Joe

Chele615

Rinkside
I am going...and haven't gotten my tickets either. I think some people are kind of freaking out about this because they know that others have gotten their tickets sent to them. Plus I'm impatient ;) LOL

Jhar55

Medalist
not going but don't most get their tickets about 1 month before the event that's been the time frame on ones I've went to.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
I recieved my tickets Yesterday, but I live in Hartford so the mail doesn't take too long. I am sitting in aisle 106, Row K

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
I was planning on going up on Thursday and seeing practice sessions and staying through mens short, but the website says that practice sessions will only be open to all event pass holders. I strongly remember going down to Atlantic City last year and getting into the practice sessions without seeing another event, is there a way to do this?

PAskate

On the Ice
My tickets arrived yesterday. There was a note with them saying that they are not issuing an individual practice pass. Instead you must be an all-event ticket holder and show an individual ticket for that day's event to watch practices.

Jhar55

Medalist
Just question on the no practice pass. Could this be so someone who comes in on practice pass will not be getting in for free. What I am trying to say is if you came to watch parctice whos to say someone wouldn't just stay and watch the reat for free. Been to several event and unless the clear the stadium or sold out you could sit in any empty seat, who'd know?