So, who is going? | Golden Skate

So, who is going?

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I am thinking of driving down on Friday night and seeing at least 3 days worth of performances. I wish I could do the whole thing but after Nationals and nearly 3 weeks in Europe, I have hardly any vacation days left!!!

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
I'm going! I'm so excited, we have Gold Level all event passes! I can't wait. October is so far away!

Alright, I'm done being 14. I don't know how great our seats are going to be because we just bought them yesturday, but they are gold level so they can't be that bad. I'm coming home from school for Thursday (I hope), Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll be staying with my mother and driving the 1/2 hour into Hartford each day. The only thing I can't work out is how to see FAME! at my theatre that weekend or if I will have to work it in for the weekend before.

Yana - What do you mean by driving down. Wouldn't you have to drive east from St. Louis? (Hope you had a great time in europe.)

Theatre girl. I'll be there too, but we don't know who will be skating yet. I hope we get a few top level. You can try Fame after the Exhibitions on sunday. Just a suggestion.

Joe

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Hi Joe,

I live in upstate NY, so it would be going east on the I-90 and then driving south on I-91. I haven't lived in STL in many years unfortunately. But I visit at least twice a year!

Europe was fabulous! We went to Scotland, France and Switzerland :)

Yana

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Theatre girl. I'll be there too, but we don't know who will be skating yet. I hope we get a few top level. You can try Fame after the Exhibitions on sunday. Just a suggestion.

Well, the show is at 7:30 on Friday and 2:00 on Saturday and Saturday. However, the schedual from last year seems to indicate that the free dance will be sunday at 2:00. I'm really not an ice dance fan so it won't kill me to miss this and it will save me a train ride there and back, so if the schedual works out I will probably do that. Thanks for the sugestion!

Last edited:

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Hehe, I am totally coming to SA this year..

I want to see--

* Zaretskis
* Kerrs
* Beiers
* Mao Asada
* Yu Na Kim
* Vika Volchkova
* Kevin van der Perren
* Brian Joubert
* Diasuke Takahashi
* Sawtchenko/Szolchowy
* Pang/Tong
* Dube/Davison

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Does anyone have any idea when we will find out where our seats are? I know that they were delaying seating assignments until ESPN looked at the space, but I didn't hear when they are supposed to send us our tickets.

Alexei'sgirl

Rinkside
I'm definitely going to be there. We have Gold Level all-event passes as well. From past Skate America ticket buying experience, they generally mail out the actual tickets in late July or August sometime.

Can't wait to see who is assigned to the event!

Kasey

Medalist
Will be there, meeting up with the annual group of friends that gets together each Skate America. I echo wanting to know WHO is going to be there!! (And Skate Canada as well, but that's off-topic).

TheaterGirl, keep in mind that the gala is on Sunday also.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Kasey said:
TheaterGirl, keep in mind that the gala is on Sunday also.

Yeah, and the Free Dance isn't. I don't know why I wrote Sunday. I really did mean Saturday. Thanks for alerting me to that.

While I'm here, I'd like to see (this being a very extreame wish list.)

Men:
Evan Lysacek
Scott Smith
Parker Pennington (I don't have any particular feelings on the last US man, really. I'm pretty sure it won't be Weir, but I wouldn't mind seeing an upcoming Junior.)
Jeff Buttle
Changjian Li
Daisuke Takahashi

Ladies:
Kimmie Meissner
Bebe Liang
Katy Taylor
Yukari Nakano or Mao Asada
Elene Gedevanishvili
Yu Na Kim

Pairs:
Inoue and Baldwin
Nam and Leftheris
Vlassov and Meekins
Pang and Tong
Dube and Davidson
Shen and Zhao

ETA: I fixed the Saturday/Sunday thing on my last post so now it makes sense.

Last edited:

Witching Hour

Match Penalty
I am going to be there. As for which skaters I wish to see, well I couldn't echo enough to how much I would love to see Johnny Weir. I wish that he'd actually go to Skate America. I wouldn't go as far to call him a traitor for not competing on his home ice, as in America during the Grand Prix series. Here's to hoping that he wasn't the one that elected not to skate here. He has as much, if not more fans here than anywhere. Why can't he please us? Anyway, enough of this silly rant. ;)

Witching Hour said:
I am going to be there. As for which skaters I wish to see, well I couldn't echo enough to how much I would love to see Johnny Weir. I wish that he'd actually go to Skate America. I wouldn't go as far to call him a traitor for not competing on his home ice, as in America during the Grand Prix series. Here's to hoping that he wasn't the one that elected not to skate here. He has as much, if not more fans here than anywhere. Why can't he please us? Anyway, enough of this silly rant. ;)
Johnny is a Russopile. Nothing wrong with that. You will definitely catch him in Spokane. In st. Petersburg and in that lovely island Victoria. It's possible he may show up in Tokyo.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
I'm planning on going too, although I haven't bought my tickets yet. I'm waiting for them to go on sale with Ticketmaster. I got sick of sending my money in a year in advance and having no input as to where they might be, only to get worse seats than folks who bought them a month or two ahead of time.
Of course, who knows when Ticketmaster will start selling them. The website says late June, but I could swear it's mid July already! :scratch:

Reuven

Rinkside
nymkfan51 said:
I'm planning on going too, although I haven't bought my tickets yet. I'm waiting for them to go on sale with Ticketmaster. I got sick of sending my money in a year in advance and having no input as to where they might be, only to get worse seats than folks who bought them a month or two ahead of time.
Of course, who knows when Ticketmaster will start selling them. The website says late June, but I could swear it's mid July already! :scratch:
July 27, last I heard. However, that's "grapevine" data, so I guess you can just keep checking...like I do:eek:hwell:

Reuven

Rinkside
To follow up on my own post, Ticketmaster has them NOW! I got Fri. and Sat. Sessions. Don't look to be too bad for seats, Lower level, Friday, in what I hope is the Lutz Corner; Sat. at mid-rink, only I don't know if it's behind the judges, or across from them. Been 20 years since I last went to SA, looking forward to it.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I may go. If I do, it will probably be just for the day (it's just 1.5 hours drive from Boston). So I'll probably decide what exactly I want to see closer to the actual event.

I may go. If I do, it will probably be just for the day (it's just 1.5 hours drive from Boston). So I'll probably decide what exactly I want to see closer to the actual event.
REASONS TO GO:

Men: v.d. Perren, Sergei Voronov; Preaubert

Ladies: Vikka's comeback; Mao; Korpi, Meier

Pairs: Dube/Davison; Pla/Bonheur; Nam/Leftheris

Dance: The Kerrs; Frazer/Lukanin; Rubleva/Shefer; Navarro/Bommentre

There's more to SA than just the stars.

Joe