Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, who is going?

This is the Hartford Civic Centre layout of seats. there's a huge amount of 'gold' seats. I wonder how close a spectator can get?

http://www.2006skateamerica.org/content.cfm?page=venue

Joe

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by nymkfan51
    I'm planning on going too, although I haven't bought my tickets yet. I'm waiting for them to go on sale with Ticketmaster. I got sick of sending my money in a year in advance and having no input as to where they might be, only to get worse seats than folks who bought them a month or two ahead of time.
    Of course, who knows when Ticketmaster will start selling them. The website says late June, but I could swear it's mid July already!
    July 27, last I heard. However, that's "grapevine" data, so I guess you can just keep checking...like I do

Rinkside
    To follow up on my own post, Ticketmaster has them NOW! I got Fri. and Sat. Sessions. Don't look to be too bad for seats, Lower level, Friday, in what I hope is the Lutz Corner; Sat. at mid-rink, only I don't know if it's behind the judges, or across from them. Been 20 years since I last went to SA, looking forward to it.

I may go. If I do, it will probably be just for the day (it's just 1.5 hours drive from Boston). So I'll probably decide what exactly I want to see closer to the actual event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    I may go. If I do, it will probably be just for the day (it's just 1.5 hours drive from Boston). So I'll probably decide what exactly I want to see closer to the actual event.
    REASONS TO GO:

Men: v.d. Perren, Sergei Voronov; Preaubert

Ladies: Vikka's comeback; Mao; Korpi, Meier

Pairs: Dube/Davison; Pla/Bonheur; Nam/Leftheris

Dance: The Kerrs; Frazer/Lukanin; Rubleva/Shefer; Navarro/Bommentre

There's more to SA than just the stars.

Joe

Custom Title
    Now here's a real problem. I have all event passes for SA. But I was just informed by my calc prof that I will have an exam at 9:30 on friday morning that weekend. I go to Syracuse University, so it is about a four hour drive away (and I don't drive). Prof states that a doctors note is required to get out of exams. Any sugestions about how I can avoid missing the SPs?

Here ya go!

To: Prof. Terry McConnell, Chair
    Department of Mathematics
    Syracuse University

Dear Prof. McConnell:

Theatregirl is very sick. She cannot attend her calculus class on Friday. She will feel better on Monday, and will be happy to make up the exam then.

(signed) Dr. Mathman

No, wait!

Dear Prof. McConnell:

Theatregirl has been selected, after an exhaustive nationwide search, to participate in a prestigious mathematics enrichment program to be held in Hartford, Connecticut, October 26-29. Seminars will be held on statistical analysis of judging protocols, a topic of great national importance with applications to voting patterns in democracies versus oligarchies.

The organizing committee sincerely hopes that Theatregirl will be allowed to contribute her expertise to this professional convention, and we hereby petition on her behalf for a postponement of obligations to her calculus class for those dates. (Just give her an automatic A.)

I remain,

Your respectful colleague,

Prof. I. M. Mathman, PhD.

TheatreGirl - I haven't seen the Schedule of Events for SA but on Friday morning, I think you will only miss practice sessions.

It might be that late afternoon will be Mens Final and Original Dance later that ev ening.

So if you finish the test by noon, you can drive to Hartford and still see what I think will be the Mens.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    TheatreGirl - I haven't seen the Schedule of Events for SA but on Friday morning, I think you will only miss practice sessions.

It might be that late afternoon will be Mens Final and Original Dance later that ev ening.

So if you finish the test by noon, you can drive to Hartford and still see what I think will be the Mens.
    That is true about friday morning, the issue is Thursday night. Both the mens and pairs (my two favorite events) are on Thursday night. I don't know if there is any way out of this one.

Mathman, thank you for the letter, I'm sure that will work. The prof is unlikly to notice our odd names.

Thursday night could be (I don't know the schedule) Men's SP and Compulsory Dance. Are they that important to you? (They would be for me.)

I presume you will be studying on Thursday night.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Thursday night could be (I don't know the schedule) Men's SP and Compulsory Dance. Are they that important to you? (They would be for me.)

I presume you will be studying on Thursday night.

Joe
    Thursday night is Compulsory Dance, Mens SP, and Pairs SP. Men and Pairs are my favorite, so it's pretty irritating. I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to "make it work".

The issue is not that I will be studying. I took calc in highschool and recieved transfer credit. I decided to retake it because it's important for my major. I will be able to study before thursday night. The issue is really that there is not way for me to be in CT on thursday night and in Syracuse on friday morning.

Theatergirl, do you have a link to the schedule? I will probably go down for 1 or 2 days - it will be cool to know what's when to be able to plan. I can't find the schedule at the site.

Thanks!

Custom Title
    What I have is last year's schedule which is supposed to be similar to this year's (I thought there was some announcement about this year's but I can't remember where it was.)

http://www.skateamerica2005.org/Skat...aSchedule.html

Thanks!

Edited to add: OK, so I'll definitely be there on Saturday - just ordered the tickets.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 09-02-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Interesting Schedule. Pairs are the favored ones for last to skate!!!

Joe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast