Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, who is going?

I think they schedule the ladies in the earlier time slot (6:30-8:00) so that families with young children can go.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm going, too. My tickets haven't arrived, but 'nutmeg state games' assures me that I will receive them soon.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'm going, too. My tickets haven't arrived, but 'nutmeg state games' assures me that I will receive them soon.
    My mother is definitly getting nervous now. She called me today to ask why we hadn't gotten our tickets yet.

She also hasn't seen any comertials or adds in the paper for this. I think that's a real miss and the USFSA should get on this. There are plenty of people in the Hartford area who would go to this (especially Ladies LPs) who wouldn't necessarily travel to see it and aren't necessarily regular skating watchers.

As of 10 September, there are still 46 days to curtain.

You still have time to get the tickets Theatregirl. Maybe they are holding back so that you won't have time to complain about the seats?

Joe

Tripping on the Podium
    I am going...and haven't gotten my tickets either. I think some people are kind of freaking out about this because they know that others have gotten their tickets sent to them. Plus I'm impatient LOL

not going but don't most get their tickets about 1 month before the event that's been the time frame on ones I've went to.

Custom Title
    I recieved my tickets Yesterday, but I live in Hartford so the mail doesn't take too long. I am sitting in aisle 106, Row K

Medalist
    I was planning on going up on Thursday and seeing practice sessions and staying through mens short, but the website says that practice sessions will only be open to all event pass holders. I strongly remember going down to Atlantic City last year and getting into the practice sessions without seeing another event, is there a way to do this?

Custom Title
    My tickets arrived yesterday. There was a note with them saying that they are not issuing an individual practice pass. Instead you must be an all-event ticket holder and show an individual ticket for that day's event to watch practices.

Just question on the no practice pass. Could this be so someone who comes in on practice pass will not be getting in for free. What I am trying to say is if you came to watch parctice whos to say someone wouldn't just stay and watch the reat for free. Been to several event and unless the clear the stadium or sold out you could sit in any empty seat, who'd know?

Jhar - You got the Tricks of the Trade and many people do just that. But watching practice is getting up early.

Joe

Yes you have to get up early to watch pratice and a lot of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhar55 View Post
    Yes you have to get up early to watch pratice and a lot of us do.
    I used to do early practice sessions but I'm at the arena all day and breakfast food for me is the main meal. I can do without the arena food.

I still do early sessions once I have breakfast. They sometime go on until noon.

Now that it's only what 2/3 weeks away I am getting that sad feeling cause I can't go this year, that I want to go so bad. When I watch on Tv I'll see an empty seat and say there my seat.
    Hope everyone has a GREAT time...

Jhar - Let's be thankful we have some TV showings. I'd love to see them all Live! but I'll take the tv version over not seeing them at all.

I presume we will see the edited versions on ESPN. So many skaters I want to see besidess the 'stars' although in Skate Canada it's Lambiel v. Weir.v. Buttle. Three lyricals v. Takehashi. We will see them on TV but probably not Ponsero whom I want another look at.

Joe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast