So, who is going? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

So, who is going?

Jhar - You got the Tricks of the Trade and many people do just that. But watching practice is getting up early.

Joe

Yes you have to get up early to watch pratice and a lot of us do.
I used to do early practice sessions but I'm at the arena all day and breakfast food for me is the main meal. I can do without the arena food.

I still do early sessions once I have breakfast. They sometime go on until noon.

Jhar55

Medalist
Now that it's only what 2/3 weeks away I am getting that sad feeling cause I can't go this year, that I want to go so bad. When I watch on Tv I'll see an empty seat and say there my seat.:cry:
Hope everyone has a GREAT time...

Jhar - Let's be thankful we have some TV showings. I'd love to see them all Live! but I'll take the tv version over not seeing them at all.

I presume we will see the edited versions on ESPN. So many skaters I want to see besidess the 'stars' although in Skate Canada it's Lambiel v. Weir.v. Buttle. Three lyricals v. Takehashi. We will see them on TV but probably not Ponsero whom I want another look at.

Joe

Alexei'sgirl

Rinkside
I agree that I'd like to Yannick Ponsero in his GP assignments this year. It was nice to get a look at him last year, but I hope we get to see something of him this year.

Jhar55

Medalist
Thats right we should be thankful for waht little coverage we get and thats how I will be watching this year.
Does anyone know when they announce where Skate America will be held next year. Since I only go every other year it will be my time.One day they will have it in Nashville and I can get free room :biggrin: (my sister lives outside Nashville)
Gotta save that money when you can. :rock:

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Now here's a real problem. I have all event passes for SA. But I was just informed by my calc prof that I will have an exam at 9:30 on friday morning that weekend. I go to Syracuse University, so it is about a four hour drive away (and I don't drive). Prof states that a doctors note is required to get out of exams. Any sugestions about how I can avoid missing the SPs?

For all those who were worried (or not), my calc prof has informed me that I can miss the exam just so long as I provide documentation (i.e. my train ticket home). Of course she thinks my grandmother is turning 80. But since I have a day off on tuesday and I was already planning on skipping thursday. so I am just going to come home on wednesday. Yeah, I'm a responsible overworked college student. Then I found a train that will get me there in pretty good time. I love when things work out.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
my plans changed unfortunately, and I will be able to attend just the Saturday events. It's still better than nothing, I suppose but I am disappointed. I am lucky I can do the drive back and forth in one day and the comp. does not start till later in the day so I don't ahve to wake up at the crack of dawn!

are we going to have a little GS photo like we did at the Nationals?

Jhar55

Medalist
OK you lucky ones you have just little over a week before the season begins:clap: Hope everyone has a great time.

blondeanglskate

Rinkside
Does anyone know what the rules about cameras are going to be? I dont see anything on the tickets or website that says no cameras ... and in this little fold up booklet that came with the tickets it says "instamatic type" cameras are allowed for most events, anyone know what this means? Can I bring a digital camera?

Jhar55

Medalist
Do they even still make instamatic cameras?
It probably means 35MM.
Remember everyone NO FLASH PHOTORAGHY :rofl: :rofl:
If you can turn the flash off put piece of black tape over the flash that's what i always do.