So You Think You Can Dance = anybody watching ? | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance = anybody watching ?

CB1AB2

Medalist
I watched the show last year and liked it. It started again this week.

I was wondering if anyone watched the first show ( the auditions ) ?? What did you think ?

cb

heyang

Record Breaker
I watched - after all there's nothing else but re-runs. Also, watched last year.

'Sex' was delusional and so was his mother.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I enjoyed it. I was rather amazed at how many took the "turn down" so well. Much better ratio than AI. Always amazing how people think they are so good at something and truly are not. "Sexy" and his mom? It makes me wonder how many are out for the "William Hung gig" - just thinking they are so bad pretending they are good that people will want to see them again.

Highs,

The face plant was funny. Sorry to him, but that was just like slipstitch. Kinda like a Chevy Chase skit for real.

The return (I didn't watch last year to see) of the "Break Dancer" that took classes. NY

The "Break Dancer" that didn't make it that "the moves were just none stop, that was freaky good. NY

The "Greek Girl" had exsellent pressents and so smooth, only could have been better on ice skates:laugh: NY

That "popper" was mind blowingly good. NY

The recovering Alcoholic and there was some one else that danced to the same song, CHR

Thought Chariston had more individuals with talent, didn't see all of one girl dance but think she went on just because of looks. CHR was a little more impressive with "good looks" then I expected - like it matters, but thought NY would have that aspect - guess they already have jobs in NY if they're talented with good looks in the Big Apple.:laugh:

It was "cool" but I may just catch pieces untill it gets down toward the end. Can work outside on the comp but the old laptop ('97) will not support tv / video signals. I feel guilty being inside at 7pm when it is gorgeous out.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
saw parts of it, my aunt was watching CSI so we kept flipping back and forth...

auditions aren't as fun as American Idol's auditions... but oh well... lol

I'll continue to watch, I did last year too

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
I'm one of those people who doesn't particularly like watching the bad auditions, so I may wait a while to start watching it until those are over.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reminder. I missed the first show but will watch from now on. I really enjoyed this show last year.

backspin

On the Ice
The bad auditions aren't as fun as the AI audition episodes, but once they get down to the finalists, boy is it fun to watch. I loved it last year---this is the one "dance" show out there where they REALLY can dance. It was spectacular. And also for once, I thought the judges were good, and fair.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I agree. Last season I started watching only after the auditions episodes, and I enjoyed the show a lot. But as for auditions... I don't enjoy seeing people being mean to other people. Ever! So I tuned in yesterday, but won't again unti auditions are over.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
80% of it is anoying and not worth the money for the electricity to run the Telli. But....One thing that made me glad I had it on last night was the "rainbow run" (?) one of the guys did but didn't pass the audition. That was a very cool move I would like to see perfected. :clap:

It did kinda perturb me that there was a snide attitude coming from one of the Judges where it wasn't necessary. You could definitely try and help them out by telling them not to continue, a much nicer way. Just not necessary in some cases - BUT the jerks who can't dance for %$#W that teach classes!!! That is so wrong and they should be railed!!!! And students SHOULD NOT BE REFUNDED because if they are stupid enough to believe their teacher is any good, that is their own problem.

Also the ones taking classes for years...that is just in vein and they should be told NICELY that a different path might work out better for them if they are trying to achieve something other than just something fun they like to do. They could be investing money in dance lessons for something they enjoy, but to think they a capable of moving on is just delusional. And they need to hear the truth NICELY form some where.

Most of it just gets tuned out unless I hear applause or something to indicate there is talent on. The comments start going sour and I just do something else. Like I said there has been a couple that I am really glad I saw that will not be continuing on. And a few that needed the slap in the face.

BTW, one comment I am getting sick of hearing from the people turned down, is " they can't do what I do, what do they know." That foolish attitude is getting really annoying and depressing to think there are so many people who think you have to be able to dance to know what good dancing looks like. Are you telling me that a person in a wheel chair can't tell the difference between a gifted dancer that will go far and has diversity - and a semi good dancer that has no real poetical to expand. I think that mentality alone says allot about why they are "not going to Vegas."

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
merrywidow said:
Thanks for the reminder. I missed the first show but will watch from now on. I really enjoyed this show last year.
I missed last weeks too but tuned in this week. I loved the story about the gal walking down the street. She saw the line and asked what was going on. They told her so she got a number and performed. It's amazing how she thought she was good. It was funny, she was sweating and had big wet marks under her arms. She thought she was good and I guess that's all that counts. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

PS She got turned down.

heyang

Record Breaker
What really amazed me about this girl is how she cried later about how mean the judges were and how it's just for fun.

First, if you're going to be a professional dancer, you've got to be able to take criticism. It's a competitive field and you've got to be tough and be able to handle criticism. Same as American Idol - you can't be thin skinned.

Second, it's not just for fun for most of the people on the line. She was just in it for fun, but most of the others are trying to fulfill a dream. It's not as though this is a best dancer competition at some club with a simple trophy as a prize. The prize is a major career opportunity and major money for a young dancer.

I'm sure the judges get frustrated with all these horrible dancers who are just wasting their time. These people could be taking an opportunity away from someone who is good that couldn't make it in because of time constraints.

Can't wait for the actual competition to start. The training sessions are pretty interesting, too.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Heyang, that dance clip was hysterical...........thanks for sharing. Love "So You Think You Can Dance"..........my fav next to AI............42