666 - it will be here shortly | Page 2 | Golden Skate

666 - it will be here shortly

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
Also the whole "666" surely that would be the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year not the sixth day of the sixth month of the two thousand and sixth year...why is the 2000 part ignored? Why wasn't the appocalypse in 1906...or 1806?!

Ant

Well pointed out. 06/06/2006 whoopity do!

antmanb said:
Also the whole "666" surely that would be the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year not the sixth day of the sixth month of the two thousand and sixth year...why is the 2000 part ignored? Why wasn't the appocalypse in 1906...or 1806?!
I think AD 106 would have been about right. Jesus said,

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be fulfilled.'' (Matt. 24:34, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32).

So people of the generation that Jesus was addressing on the Mount of Olives that day, well, the youngest of them would have been about 70 by the year AD 106. So that seems like a pretty good ballpark guess.

BTW, Michelle Kwan's birthday is on the seventh day of the seventh month -- the luckiest day of the year. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
BTW, Michelle Kwan's birthday is on the seventh day of the seventh month -- the luckiest day of the year.

That is, if 7 is your lucky number. If not, won't make any difference. But looking at her, I'd say it probably works in her case.

PS. In fact, the seventh day of the seventh month of the Chinese calendar is a holiday, in honor of Chih-nu, the daughter of the emperor of heaven:

Cowherd and Weaver Girl (Wikipedia)

In another story, popular throughout Asia and with many differing versions, the Jade Emperor (the god of heaven) has a daughter named Chih'nü (literally: weaver girl). She is most often represented as responsible for weaving colorful clouds in the heaven, in some versions she is instead a seamstress who works for the Jade Emperor. Everyday Chih'nü descended to earth with the aid of a magical robe to bathe. One day, a lowly cowherd named Niu Lang spotted Chih'nü as she bathed in a stream. Niu Lang fell instantly in love with her and stole her magic robe which she had left on the bank of the stream, leaving her unable to escape back to Heaven. When Chih'nü emerged from the water, Niu Lang grabbed her and carried her back to his home.

When the Jade Emperor heard of this matter, he was furious but unable to intercede, since in the meantime his daughter had fallen in love and married the cowherd. As time passed, Chih'nü grew homesick and began to miss her father. One day, she came across a box containing her magic robe which her husband had hidden. She decided to visit her father back in Heaven, but once she returned, the Jade Emperor summoned a river to flow across the sky (the Milky Way), which Chih'nü was unable to cross to return to her husband. The Emperor took pity on the young lovers, and so once a year on the seventh day of the seventh month of the lunar calendar, he allows them to meet on a bridge over the river.

Go Michelle!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
As ladyskater had also mentioned a while ago
Ladskater said:
Jpe:

Check your Bible again - 666 is the mark of the wild beast. Armagedon is God's war.

666 has absolutely nothing to do with dates, NOTHING.

http://www.allaboutpopularissues.org/meaning-of-666-faq.htm

The meaning of 666 - the number often referred to as the Mark of the Beast - is a highly contested concept. The number 666 is found in Revelation 13:16-18: "He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

John MacArthur explains the meaning of 666 this way: "The number represents the essential number of a man. The number 6 falls one short of God's perfect number, 7, and thus points to human imperfection. Antichrist, the most powerful human the world will ever know, will still be a man - a 6. The ultimate in human and demonic power is a 6, not perfect, as God is, 1"

MacArthur goes on to explain that the three digits emphasizes man's identity. When Antichrist is revealed, he will be identified with this number. The Bible is not clear what the mark will be: an implant, a microchip, a tattoo. It is wise not to speculate since the Bible does not give detailed information regarding this mark.

There is also information indicating the real text - always an issue regarding the bible - from the oldest copy of the "New Testament" still around, states 616 as the mark of the "Antichrist."

Don't loose sleep.:laugh:

seanibu said:
...There is also information indicating the real text - always an issue regarding the bible - from the oldest copy of the "New Testament" still around, states 616 as the mark of the "Antichrist."
But that's today! 6-1-2006. :eek:

Factoid: The Greeks regarded 6 as a "perfect number" because it is the sum of all of its proper divisors. (The numbers that divide evenly into 6 are 1, 2 and 3, and 1+2+3=6.)

The next perfect number is 28. 1+2+4+7+14 = 28. :)

Euclid was able to give a formula for all even perfect numbers. To this day it is not known whether or not there are any odd perfect numbers. :scratch:

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Joesitz said:
Thanks Heyang, it's amusing the way some people take this biblical prophesy seriously. I think there will be a new version of The Omen soon to be released. Maybe on 6/6/6.

Joe

That's the plan, Joe! I don't know why they're remaking it (although anything that keeps Lev Scheiber employed is all right by me), but they're releasing it on 6/6/06. I'll let you know if anything Biblical happens on opening day. :)
xoxo
Rave

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Mathman said:
BTW, Michelle Kwan's birthday is on the seventh day of the seventh month -- the luckiest day of the year. :)

I love the way you always manage to bring it back to Michelle, Mathman! You know who else was born on 7/7?
Ringo Starr, the luckiest man of the 1960's. ;)
xoxo
Rave

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
But that's today! 6-1-2006. :eek:

Factoid: The Greeks regarded 6 as a "perfect number" because it is the sum of all of its proper divisors. (The numbers that divide evenly into 6 are 1, 2 and 3, and 1+2+3=6.)

That is another reason that I think the book of revelations is talking about the fall of rome. As far as I know there were no "numbers" in hebrew, amounts were written out.
To me it is really just hogwash, wishful thinking and the inability to die - If that be all - never understanding it all. People hate leaving things to chance, particularly when chance could be a cause.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
I love the way you always manage to bring it back to Michelle, Mathman! You know who else was born on 7/7?
Ringo Starr, the luckiest man of the 1960's. ;)
xoxo
Rave

And I was born on July 7th too at 7:17am. Hasn't made me rich or famous but I don't consider myself unlucky either.

I'm reading a lot of posts about Astrology although that science is not mentioned. Nothing to do with biblical prophesy but there's so much about the stars. the fault lies, dear Brutus, not in the stars but in ourselves. Those two star crossed young lovers of Cremona(?) if they had cell phones, they'd be alive today. Why should we wish for the moon, when we have the stars?

I'm sure there are many other great lines for stars but not enough for 666

Go see The Omen and believe.

Joe

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Joesitz said:
Those two star crossed young lovers of Cremona(?) if they had cell phones, they'd be alive today. Why should we wish for the moon, when we have the stars?
Joe

Verona, Joe. "Two households, both alike in dignity", and all that.
:)
RR

IDLERACER

Medalist
Ravyn Rant said:
I love the way you always manage to bring it back to Michelle, Mathman! You know who else was born on 7/7? Ringo Starr, the luckiest man of the 1960's. ;) xoxo Rave
What date was the unuckiest man of the 1960s born? (of course I must be talking about Pete Best).

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I admit it... I'm totally superstitous when it comes to anything biblical... So yes, I took yesterday off and refused to leave the house... Just like I did on Dec. 31 '99. I figure that if the world is going to end, where's the best place to be? On my comfy couch watching All My Children or at the office pretending to be more important than I am? Easy choice...