Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 666 - it will be here shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    But that's today! 6-1-2006.

Factoid: The Greeks regarded 6 as a "perfect number" because it is the sum of all of its proper divisors. (The numbers that divide evenly into 6 are 1, 2 and 3, and 1+2+3=6.)
    That is another reason that I think the book of revelations is talking about the fall of rome. As far as I know there were no "numbers" in hebrew, amounts were written out.
    To me it is really just hogwash, wishful thinking and the inability to die - If that be all - never understanding it all. People hate leaving things to chance, particularly when chance could be a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn Rant
    I love the way you always manage to bring it back to Michelle, Mathman! You know who else was born on 7/7?
    Ringo Starr, the luckiest man of the 1960's.
    xoxo
    Rave
    And I was born on July 7th too at 7:17am. Hasn't made me rich or famous but I don't consider myself unlucky either.

I'm reading a lot of posts about Astrology although that science is not mentioned. Nothing to do with biblical prophesy but there's so much about the stars. the fault lies, dear Brutus, not in the stars but in ourselves. Those two star crossed young lovers of Cremona(?) if they had cell phones, they'd be alive today. Why should we wish for the moon, when we have the stars?

I'm sure there are many other great lines for stars but not enough for 666

Go see The Omen and believe.

Joe

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Those two star crossed young lovers of Cremona(?) if they had cell phones, they'd be alive today. Why should we wish for the moon, when we have the stars?
    Joe
    Verona, Joe. "Two households, both alike in dignity", and all that.

RR

Verona, Joe. "Two households, both alike in dignity", and all that.

RR
    Thanks Raven, It certainly was Verona. Oh, those kids.....

Joe

I love the way you always manage to bring it back to Michelle, Mathman! You know who else was born on 7/7? Ringo Starr, the luckiest man of the 1960's. xoxo Rave
    What date was the unuckiest man of the 1960s born? (of course I must be talking about Pete Best).

Hey, Joe.

Here's someone who is celebrating 6/6/06.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    Hey, Joe.
    Here's someone who is celebrating 6/6/06.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
    That kid will probably grow up to be prime minister.

Shoe Diva
    I admit it... I'm totally superstitous when it comes to anything biblical... So yes, I took yesterday off and refused to leave the house... Just like I did on Dec. 31 '99. I figure that if the world is going to end, where's the best place to be? On my comfy couch watching All My Children or at the office pretending to be more important than I am? Easy choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    I admit it... I'm totally superstitous when it comes to anything biblical... So yes, I took yesterday off and refused to leave the house... Just like I did on Dec. 31 '99. I figure that if the world is going to end, where's the best place to be? On my comfy couch watching All My Children or at the office pretending to be more important than I am? Easy choice...
    The question is, did you feel like a fool on January 1st, 2000 and today (6/7/06)?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    The question is, did you feel like a fool on January 1st, 2000 and today (6/7/06)?
    Nah... I felt like "at least I got the laundry done!" today and "At least I don't have a hangover this morning!" on Jan 1st. I'm totally aware that my supersititions are silly and not based in reality... but that's ok. It could be worse, I could get freaked out by ladders, umbrellas, etc...

Rogue Leader
    I was sure that some crazy religious cult that thought it was the second coming of Christ was going to commit suicide en masse. Evidently I was wrong.

For those of you who are "superstitious" about the Bible and the End Times

just remember that there's a verse in the Bible that says that "Not even the angels know" when the ending will come and Christ shall return... so we're to look for the "signs" but one big way of knowing that it's not going to be something like yesterday is when the whole world starts walking around screaming "the end is here" lol

at least that's how I look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    It's not a superstition if you believe in the bible as an accurate history of the world. 666 is armaggedon(sp). Whether it is involved in a modern date or something else, it is a biblical prophesy.
    666 is *supoosedly* the mark of the beast (due to most's interpretation of scripture, however I'm not sure just how to think of it myself)... not sure if anyone pointed that out at all... just noticed this comment myself

the mark of the beast is going to show up on the anti-Christ and his followers... the anti-Christ will reign for 7 years, by which there will be another sort of holucaust... but there will be peace in the world all OVER the world (save for those of us who are prophesied to be exterminated) for the very first time... at the end of the 7 years Christ comes again and kicks tail and that's the end of the world lol

well... in a nutshell anyway lol The Left Behind series (video or book) is a great fiction that's based on the end times and explains it easier, I think, than a lot of other things written on the matter... though there is a bit of creative license thrown in. Not a big fan of the author, so I recommend the movies lol... but either way it's good... but it is religious fiction and not to be taken as proof that we're in the end times or anything... if that makes sense

and this reply was a little longer than I anticipated...
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 06-07-2006 at 06:41 PM.

The one thing I feel obligated in some weird way to say, is the Bible is a canonized book of books, the closest thing to the original we have are the Dead Sea Scrolls. All this other stuff Has been edited, mainly by Men, and aristocracies looking to benefit themselves. The Bible even states not to trust the hand of mankind, and God was quoted (I loosely quoting for every version you look in seems to "change" the exact words) to say be weary of this for man will change my words to benefit himself, I think King James just forgot to edit that. Or to leave it in just made it seem he was that much more on the "up n up."

And other then the very last portion of Revelations, there is no indication of the far off future. It was MORE THAN LIKELY written by John the Divine to give hope to the Jews that were being persecuted by the Roman Empire. He predicted its fall as a speaker and often wrote in code to escape persecution and to continue writing. There has been much speculation that the 666 - as MM pointed out earlier being the greek perfect number, is the "mark of the Romans - who often had marks on there hands and feet and in some cases heads.

Anyway, as Dee (oops Toni) just pointed out, "Not even the angels know" when the ending will come and Christ shall return. So to look for the answers in silly riddles and puzzles is just as doubting of the "word" as I am of the Bible we have today.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 06-08-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast