Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

News 2006 Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement

Awww! I wish that they would stay. Now two pairs that I liked have retired ( O and L also).

Custom Title

US pairs wide open

Well now US pairs IS wide open. Who will step up? I like Naomi NN & L. Still trying to get Jennifer Don with a new partner. She insist on someone over 6ft.
    I always thought H & P were held up in their marks. When they beat Don & Hunt in Portland for the bronze Marcie fell on everything including the bow. Jennifer skated a clean program. I always wondered if that was the final straw for Jonathan.

Not really a surprise. They seemed to be leaning this way in many of their post competition interviews.

It really does leave the field open. Are Rena and John staying in?

Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement

I think Rena Inoue and John Baldwin are staying for one more season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For the Elvis Stojko information visit my new website address.

Elvis Stojko: Heart of Gold

Custom Title
    So our pairs program (if you can call it that) takes yet another hit. Sheesh.
    NNN & L are looking better and better.

I don't think Baldwin will EVER leave (voluntarily anyway)!!

What the heck is going on???!!!! Their were just announced in the envelopes???? Man, talk about false hopes I guess that was not insured that they were staying just because they got the funds.?. Well Sayonara to one of the best looking couples in pairs. - yes talent too. I wonder where their money is going now.

Custom Title
    The team envelope funding has not been distributed yet, so H/P's Team A funding just goes back into the pot.

Several promising U.S. junior teams plan to move up to senior in 2006-07 -- Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins, Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz and Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin, all of whom placed well at '06 Junior Worlds and at other junior comps this season. The other senior teams from 2006 U.S. Nationals still together, in addition to Inoue/Baldwin and Nam/Leftheris, are: Tiffany Vise/Derek Trent (6th), Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig (7th), Brooke Castile/Ben Okolski (8th) and Chloe Katz/Joseph Lynch (10th). There should be some newly formed senior teams to watch as well. Many of these pairs will likely compete at the Indy Pairs Challenge comp. in Indianapolis in August.

Custom Title
    Aren't Namiotka/Coughlin still eligible for Junior events this season? She is 16 and he is 20. I suppose they could compete at Senior Nationals and still be sent to Junior Worlds again. With two of the 3 JW medalists aging out, they have a real shot at the 2007 JW title.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    The team envelope funding has not been distributed yet, so H/P's Team A funding just goes back into the pot.
    Is it a "must" that the team it is distributed to "has to" once it is given? Is the announcement just the candidates then?

I guess that is why the went now before the got the "cash in pocket." ??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Aren't Namiotka/Coughlin still eligible for Junior events this season? She is 16 and he is 20. I suppose they could compete at Senior Nationals and still be sent to Junior Worlds again. With two of the 3 JW medalists aging out, they have a real shot at the 2007 JW title.
    Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz are still eligible for JGP/Junior Worlds along with Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin (both guys won't turn 21 until December). M/S have been assigned to the JGP in Norway and N/C to the JGP in Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by seanibu
    Is it a "must" that the team it is distributed to "has to" once it is given? Is the announcement just the candidates then?

I guess that is why the went now before the got the "cash in pocket." ??
    As I understand it, the team envelope skaters/teams all must sign a USFSA contract before the start of the new season before the envelope money can be be distributed (in 3 parts throughout the season, I believe).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-31-2006 at 02:32 PM.

I'm definitely going to miss Marcy & Aaron. They had a great season, and it was an extra treat to talk to them briefly following their free skate practice session at Skate America last fall. I wish them all the best.

Custom Title

Ita

Quote Originally Posted by waxel
    So our pairs program (if you can call it that) takes yet another hit. Sheesh.
    NNN & L are looking better and better.

I don't think Baldwin will EVER leave (voluntarily anyway)!!
    They will have to carrry him of the ice on a stretcher. Screaming & Yelling

Quote Originally Posted by sk8addict
    They will have to carrry him of the ice on a stretcher. Screaming & Yelling
    Ok someone owes the people I'm house sitting for a new less sticky keyboard...

this is such a bummer. I loved watching them skate... good luck to them in the future!

Skating Freak Barbie
    It's a shame. Their stunning SP at Skate America last year was one of the major highlights of the competition for me. I hope they will have good luck in whatever they choose in the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast