2006 Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement | Golden Skate

2006 Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement

sk8addict

On the Ice
US pairs wide open

Well now US pairs IS wide open. Who will step up? I like Naomi NN & L. Still trying to get Jennifer Don with a new partner. She insist on someone over 6ft.
I always thought H & P were held up in their marks. When they beat Don & Hunt in Portland for the bronze Marcie fell on everything including the bow. Jennifer skated a clean program. I always wondered if that was the final straw for Jonathan.

heyang

Record Breaker
Not really a surprise. They seemed to be leaning this way in many of their post competition interviews.

It really does leave the field open. Are Rena and John staying in?

ElvisStojkofan

Rinkside
Olympians Hinzmann and Parchem Announce Retirement

I think Rena Inoue and John Baldwin are staying for one more season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Elvis Stojko information visit my new website address.:clap:

Elvis Stojko: Heart of Gold

waxel

Final Flight
So our pairs program (if you can call it that) takes yet another hit. Sheesh.
NNN & L are looking better and better.

I don't think Baldwin will EVER leave (voluntarily anyway)!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What the heck is going on???!!!! Their were just announced in the envelopes???? Man, talk about false hopes:disapp: :cry: I guess that was not insured that they were staying just because they got the funds.?. Well Sayonara to one of the best looking couples in pairs. - yes talent too. I wonder where their money is going now.:scratch:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The team envelope funding has not been distributed yet, so H/P's Team A funding just goes back into the pot.

Several promising U.S. junior teams plan to move up to senior in 2006-07 -- Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins, Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz and Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin, all of whom placed well at '06 Junior Worlds and at other junior comps this season. The other senior teams from 2006 U.S. Nationals still together, in addition to Inoue/Baldwin and Nam/Leftheris, are: Tiffany Vise/Derek Trent (6th), Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig (7th), Brooke Castile/Ben Okolski (8th) and Chloe Katz/Joseph Lynch (10th). There should be some newly formed senior teams to watch as well. Many of these pairs will likely compete at the Indy Pairs Challenge comp. in Indianapolis in August.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aren't Namiotka/Coughlin still eligible for Junior events this season? She is 16 and he is 20. I suppose they could compete at Senior Nationals and still be sent to Junior Worlds again. With two of the 3 JW medalists aging out, they have a real shot at the 2007 JW title.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sylvia said:
The team envelope funding has not been distributed yet, so H/P's Team A funding just goes back into the pot.

Is it a "must" that the team it is distributed to "has to" once it is given? Is the announcement just the candidates then?

I guess that is why the went now before the got the "cash in pocket." ??

Sylvia

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
Aren't Namiotka/Coughlin still eligible for Junior events this season? She is 16 and he is 20. I suppose they could compete at Senior Nationals and still be sent to Junior Worlds again. With two of the 3 JW medalists aging out, they have a real shot at the 2007 JW title.
Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz are still eligible for JGP/Junior Worlds along with Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin (both guys won't turn 21 until December). M/S have been assigned to the JGP in Norway and N/C to the JGP in Hungary.

seanibu said:
Is it a "must" that the team it is distributed to "has to" once it is given? Is the announcement just the candidates then?

I guess that is why the went now before the got the "cash in pocket." ??
As I understand it, the team envelope skaters/teams all must sign a USFSA contract before the start of the new season before the envelope money can be be distributed (in 3 parts throughout the season, I believe).

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm definitely going to miss Marcy & Aaron. :cry: They had a great season, and it was an extra treat to talk to them briefly following their free skate practice session at Skate America last fall. I wish them all the best. :agree:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Ita

waxel said:
So our pairs program (if you can call it that) takes yet another hit. Sheesh.
NNN & L are looking better and better.

I don't think Baldwin will EVER leave (voluntarily anyway)!!
They will have to carrry him of the ice on a stretcher. Screaming & Yelling :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sk8addict said:
They will have to carrry him of the ice on a stretcher. Screaming & Yelling :yes:

Ok someone owes the people I'm house sitting for a new less sticky keyboard...

this is such a bummer. I loved watching them skate... good luck to them in the future!

Kasey

Medalist
It's a shame. Their stunning SP at Skate America last year was one of the major highlights of the competition for me. I hope they will have good luck in whatever they choose in the future.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Do you think their goal all along was just to make an Olympics or Worlds for the first time? That is what I am thinking now that they retire so quickly. If that was their sole goal, then good for them. They can retire happier with their careers now.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sk8addict said:
Well I say KUDOS to him!! If he still can do it why not??

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Do you think their goal all along was just to make an Olympics or Worlds for the first time? That is what I am thinking now that they retire so quickly. If that was their sole goal, then good for them. They can retire happier with their careers now.

I wouldn't doubt that getting to go to the olys and worlds was one of the reasons they aren't staying in. This was their career highlight season and I'm sure they want to go out on that note instead of a downer note...

Aaron's been plugging forever and a day with partners that could never make people's expectations happen. It was always heartbreaking... too bad he found Marcy so long into his career... they could have done great things in the coming seasons...