Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scheherazade

Vash - I think the choreo for Bolero (Dean) was probably a lot better than what we saw. There was much tweeking in that piece and it must have annoyed Dean. What we got was a watered down version of a loopless Kwan. At that point in time I believe the pain of the hips were at a peak.

However, MK did keep to the music.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Vash - I think the choreo for Bolero (Dean) was probably a lot better than what we saw. There was much tweeking in that piece and it must have annoyed Dean. What we got was a watered down version of a loopless Kwan. At that point in time I believe the pain of the hips were at a peak.

However, MK did keep to the music.

Joe
    Sources reported the 1st version of Bolero, Campbells Fall Cheesfest, contained the most Dean choreo. It was a beautiful program, very "dance-y" but empty in terms of COP friendly elements. I personally liked that version best, I thought there was more passion and musicality to that version of the program (not compared to ALL MK programs, but compared to other Bolero attempts).

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Speaking for myself, I didn't HATE Scheherezade as much as I was DISAPPOINTED in it. I was excited at the prospect of seeing it, since I thought it would be a perfect match between skater and music -- but I just found it rather ordinary. With most of her previous long programs, you knew that no one else in the world could possibly have skated to the music she chose the way she did; with "Scheherezade", to me, there wasn't overall anything there that was really out of the ordinary; 3 or 4 other ladies out there could probably have done it just as well. And for them, it would have probably been a career highlight. For Michelle, more was expected. It can be a double-edged sword, having all those great classic programs to her credit; after a while, the expectation level can become perhaps a little too high.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan
    Sources reported the 1st version of Bolero, Campbells Fall Cheesfest, contained the most Dean choreo. It was a beautiful program, very "dance-y" but empty in terms of COP friendly elements. I personally liked that version best, I thought there was more passion and musicality to that version of the program (not compared to ALL MK programs, but compared to other Bolero attempts).
    I liked that version of Bolero. Of course I had expected it to evolve and get even better with time, but it regressed, so I think Joe's assessment (about the injury) must be correct.

Vash

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I actually liked Scheherazade quite a bit. The real problem wasn't with it, but with the fact that Michelle wasn't ever happy that season, and it showed. Even with her unhappiness though, had she not fallen on that flip and won the Olys ... almost nobody would be looking at Schez as a negative thing now. JMHO, of course.
    Last edited by nymkfan51; 06-03-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    I liked that version of Bolero. Of course I had expected it to evolve and get even better with time, but it regressed, so I think Joe's assessment (about the injury) must be correct.

Vash
    As did I but in the end it was more pleasant to watch than a competitive program. I also liked it when I saw her use it during COI in Boston. It think it was more of an exhibition number or an Interpritive program.

Banned
    I liked Scheherazade. When it was skated extremely well like the 02 Nationals, 02 Worlds, and even 02 GP final(even with the fall at the last moments of the program)it was a beautiful piece and really build to the end.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    As did I but in the end it was more pleasant to watch than a competitive program. I also liked it when I saw her use it during COI in Boston. It think it was more of an exhibition number or an Interpritive program.
    I agree-I loved when she did the 2 footwork sections and I loved the ending pose! I know she probably kept Bolero in the beginning of COI because of the last Cheesefest and to put TUTBMP togther, but I'm glad she was able to sort of skate that program more closer to it's potential.

Banned
    I really liked this program as well. The dress was amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by nymkfan51
    I actually liked Scheherazade quite a bit. The real problem wasn't with it, but with the fact that Michelle wasn't ever happy that season, and it showed. Even with her unhappiness though, had she not fallen on that flip and won the Olys ... almost nobody would be looking at Schez as a negative thing now. JMHO, of course.
    I agree 100% with you. MK was not happy that whole seaon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3