China's Figure Skating Masters LIVE on CCTV5 | Golden Skate

China's Figure Skating Masters LIVE on CCTV5

warrior

Match Penalty
http://english.people.com.cn/200606/04/eng20060604_270965.html

The season of double toe loops and camel spins kicks off on Saturday with China's Figure Skating Masters, a two-day figure skating event held at the Beijing Century Star Skating Centre.

"The Masters marks the starting of the new season as well as the preparation for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games," said Yao Bin, head coach of China's national team.

"After the long vocation following the Turin Winter Olympic Games, I hope the competition will help skaters return to focus on their training soon."

During the last season, the Chinese figure skating pairs surprised the world with remarkable placement in almost every the international competitions. Zhang Hao

At the Turin Games in February, Zhang Dan and her partner Zhang Hao claimed the silver medal right after she severely injured her knees. Veteran pair Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo clinched the bronze medal, despite Zhao breaking his ankle, while Pang Qing and Tong Jian finished in fourth.

At the following World Championships, Pang and Tong stepped onto the highest podium with the Zhang team pocketing the silver again.

"After the conclusion of last season, our team has attended many activities and the skaters had a longer vocation than before," said Yao. "We have to be back on ice."

According to Yao, after the Masters, the skaters will start to choreograph new routines and some members of the national teams will be changed.

"Building up the reserve team is one of the main concerns of us at present," Yao said. "We hope to try to find suitable talents soon."

As the season opening competition, the Masters attracts almost all the top figure skaters in the country, include the Zhang pair, Pang and Tong, and Li Chengjiang, who finished fourth in the men's division in the 2003 World Championships. Shen and Zhao will miss the competition since they are working with their choreographer in Canada.

CCTV5 broadcast the short program live and I watched via PPLIVE or TVAnts.
The only stand-out performance is Xu Bin Shu. She performed a flawless program with a triple flip, triple-toe-double-toe and double axel. She has also added some new elements to her spiral sequence and spins to showcase her incredible flexibility. She ranked the first before liu yan after the short. She will be the next big thing for Chinese ladies' discipline.

CCTV5 will broadcast the long program live starting from 16:40(BeiJing Time), 4:40 am EST tonight.

warrior

Match Penalty
Xu Bin Shu's video

I have downloaded xu bin shu's partial program, you can go to 'skating videos' to download it as well.

warrior said:
I have downloaded xu bin shu's partial program, you can go to 'skating videos' to download it as well.
Thanks for the news. Can you post a direct link to the video?

warrior

Match Penalty
Heree's the link

I hope it's not against the rule here.

Xu Bin Shu's complete short program.

Mod Edit: Please reupload this video on your own to yousendit and post it again in this thread. Copying links from the video board and posting it here is not the appropriate way to post the video. Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not against the rules!

Unfortunately, I could not download it but I will be looking for her in future competitions, hopefully. thanks a bunch.

Joe

Hi Warrier, thanks for the link.

I did some checking, and although it is not against the Golden Skate rules, Skating Videos asks you not to post their original link, but rather to upload it to yoursendit yourself as a separate file. Yousendit will only work for 25 downloads (that's probably why Joe couldn't get it), then the file is deleted and someone has to repost.

I should have investigated this better before I asked for the link.

Very pretty program. Xu will turn 18 later this month (she's so tiny!). Will she be competing in seniors next year?

I see this event was scored under the old judging system. Binshu's highest score under the New Judging System was 142.83, when she took third at the Junior Grand Prix Final last year. (She finished higher than Katy Taylor, Mai Asada, Christine Zukowski and Elena Gedevanishvili.)

MM :)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The part of Chinese pairs stunning the World with their placements I had to giggle at a bit. They were expected to do very well with their 3 pairs at the Olympics, them taking 2 of 3 medals is not a big surprise by any means, and certainly the same at the Worlds.

Alsace

On the Ice
I'm just glad to know that S/Z are still skating. I would love to see more of their programs! (Invite them to SkateAmerica!!! Put Worlds back on broadcast TV!!!)