Charity skating gala in Danbury CT, Oct 4, 2003

J

Jaana

Charity skating gala in Danbury CT, Oct 4, 2003

Got the info from:
www.fsuniverse.net/forum/...eadid=6131

Details: www.cmmskating.com

Exerpts:

>Olympic Champion, Viktor Petrenko will host an all-star cast of Olympic Figure Skaters in a charity skating gala, VIKTORY FOR KIDS>

>VIKTORY FOR KIDS will be held at the Danbury Ice Arena in Danbury, CT on Saturday, October 4 at 7 p.m and will feature skating’s brightest stars including; Olympic Champion Brian Boitano, Olympic Pairs Champions Oksana Kazakova & Artur Dmitriev, two-time Olympic Pairs Champion Ekaterina Gordeeva, Olympic Champion Illia Kulik, Olympic Silver Medalist Evgeni Plushenko, Olympic Bronze Medalist Timothy Goebel, World Silver Medalist Elena Sokolova, Ukrainian National Ice Dance Champions Elena Grushina & Ruslan Goncharov and the Acrobatic team of Vladimir Besedin & Oleskiy Polischuk. >

>VIKTORY FOR KIDS will also feature a VIP fundraising reception with a celebrity auction at the Colorado Brewery and Steakhouse in Danbury. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Children of Chornobyl Relief Fund (CCRF), an award winning charity that has delivered over $50 million in medical technology and humanitarian aid to children’s hospitals and orphanages in Ukraine.

Tickets will go on sale beginning August 1st at the Danbury Ice Arena 203-794-1704. >

Marjaana

W

WindSpirit5

Re: Charity skating gala in Danbury CT, Oct 4, 2003

Marjaana, thanks so much for the info! :)

J

Jaana

WindSpirit5, will you be able to go?

I have understood from a message on one of Katia´s maillists that the arena is rather small (meaning that there are not so many seats), so if anyone is planning to attend, it is best to arrange the tickets as soon as the sale begins on 1st of August.

Marjaana

W

WindSpirit5

I think I will. :) I really appreciate the info, once again. I still remember the last time when I found out that ABC International Figure Skating Challenge took place in CT, two hours before it started (didn't make it).

Plus, I think it's awfully nice of Viktor Petrenko to do something like this for his country and for the kids. Especially when, if I remember correctly, for a few years after the nuclear explosion the official version was that everything's under control and no one's really affected...

J

Jaana

You are welcome! Sometimes it happens so that one does not get to hear from events quite near. I heard about Finlandia Trophy only after I got Internet in 1996...

Yes, it is really great that Petrenko does this and that many skaters donate their time to perform there. A great cast there!

It is true, that official versions about some catastrophes tend to be rather false sometimes.

Looking forward to your review or impressions about the gala, please...

Marjaana