Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shen and Zhao to compete next season

Custom Title

Shen and Zhao to compete next season

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...ent_610019.htm

If this pans out it is very exciting news. A Shen & Zhao program to Meditation sounds breathtaking!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    TOO COOL!!!!

If it happens.

I got a bit of a start when the link came up, tho; I saw the headline in combination with the heads of those two bizarre Olympic mascots (had to scroll down to get S & Z in the picture) and I'm thinking, OK, that is NOT Shen & Zhao unless they have joined a really bizarre ice show.....

Banned
    Does anybody think they might compete beyond 2007 or is this season their swan song?

Can't wait. Hope they both stay healthy. I can only imagine what they are capable of now. They did very well in Turin after being back in pairs training for only 3 months.

Go NJ Devils
    Wow, I thought they'd get the SOI gig and take it.

Banned
    I am glad Shen/Zhou are returning mostly because I would really like to see Pang/Tong win Worlds beating both Shen/Zhou and Zhang/Zhang this coming year. Sorry I just have developed a soft spot for that team since they are the forgotten Chinese team alot, and their Worlds win catching alot of people out of the blue was great to see. Plus I think they were jobbed at the Olympics so that is worth my support for atleast another year.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    This is great news!!!

They were missed last season ... can't wait to see their new programs!

Custom Title
    WOW, very happy to hear these news!!! Shen & Zhao has been my biggest favourite in pairs skating quite some time.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Have to wonder, tho, if they're getting some prodding from the Chinese federation. Seems to me I read somewhere that they wanted to leave the eligible scene after SLC, but the Chinese federation would not even entertain the idea and prodded them to stick around 4 more years. (I didn't read this recently, it was not long after SLC, and if I could remember WHERE I read it, I would be more than glad to track it down and quote from it). Then again, given their "derailment" of the last couple of seasons, they may think now that they have some unfinished business. But whatever the reason, it's great news and good for Pairs in general.

I was hoping they would join the US SOI tour this coming season , but I will continue to cheer for them as my favorite eligible international pairs team .

If they can still hold on to the "pas de deux" feeling in their Pairs, I am with them, but in that style they have, imo, a tough team to beat: Pang and Tong!! Not to overlook expected improvements from Marcoux and Buntin.

Joe

Custom Title
    Chengjiang Li has just about outright said that he will retire when he is told he can. I think it's the same situation with Shen/Zhao.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yay! I can't wait to see Shen/Zhao next season!!!!

As someone else said, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do this one last season since they were unable to participate at the last 2 World's.

Perhaps, they did want to go pro after SLC Wouldn't be surprised if their federation applied some pressure since the other Chinese teams weren't quite 'there', yet.

However, I think there was more for them to do after SLC. If they had retired/gone pro, we wouldn't have seen their breakthrough performance in DC in 2003. They really didn't have the 'expression' in their skating til after SLC.

Custom Title
    I absolutely love this team, but I have mixed feelings about this news. What if he cripples himself trying for one more year? I'd rather they tried for a very long pro career. It's their choice (I hope) and I will be cheering for them. I just hope they stay healthy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast