Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Shows at Detroit SC; also in L.A., Columbus, OH & Wash. DC in June

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,389

    Shows at Detroit SC; also in L.A., Columbus, OH & Wash. DC in June

    Detroit Skating Club's annual show, this year titled “A Year on Ice,” will be held June 8-11, in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Marcy Hinzmann/Aaron Parchem, Alissa Czisny, Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen will be skating in selected shows. Many other skaters who qualified for Nationals this past season or previously, are also likely to perform -- they include: Meryl Davis/Charlie White, Jonathan Cassar, Andrea Best, Trevor Young, William Brewster, just to name a few.

    The annual Los Angeles Ice Theater Fundraising Show will take place at the Pickwick rink in Burbank, California on Friday, June 9 at 7:30 pm. Scheduled to perform: Naomi Nari Nam & Themi Leftheris, Bebe Liang, Nicholas LaRoche and others. Traditionally, the Los Angeles Theater on Ice team skates its new program for the season. Doors open at 6:30. Tickets are $15 at the door.

    "Skate For Hope" to benefit breast cancer research on Saturday, June 24th at the Dispatch Ice Haus in Columbus, Ohio, starring Emily Hughes, Hinzmann/Parchem, Katy Taylor and Parker Pennington:
    http://www.skateforhope.org/

    Gala Presented by Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena & Grassroots to Champions on Sunday June 25th at the Fort Dupont Ice Arena in Washington, DC. Performers: http://www.charityadvantage.com/fdia/Performers.asp
    Scheduled figure skaters include Tim Goebel, Emily Hughes, Derrick Delmore, Tommy Steenberg, Kaela Pflumm/Chris Pottenger and more.

  2. #2
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    This is good experience for the skaters who are often left out of cheesefests.

    Love to catch that one with Tim (hope it's a sign he changed his mind) and Tommy in DC.

    Joe

  3. #3
    Joey Votto Fangirl KwanFan1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Posts
    781
    I'm hoping to get up to the one in Columbus later this month and I'll be sure to post a review if I'm able to get up there for it.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Love to catch that one with Tim (hope it's a sign he changed his mind)
    Change his mind about competing next season? IMO, I don't think that will happen. Goebel has said he will continue to perform in some shows (he skated in a show in Newark, Delaware last month, for example).

    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212
    I'm hoping to get up to the one in Columbus later this month and I'll be sure to post a review if I'm able to get up there for it.
    Good, hope you can make it!

    Hope some folks from GS can attend one of the Detroit SC shows this weekend! I'd love to hear about the L.A. show tonight as well, if anyone goes.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia
    Detroit Skating Club's annual show, this year titled “A Year on Ice,” will be held June 8-11, in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Marcy Hinzmann/Aaron Parchem, Alissa Czisny, Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen will be skating in selected shows. Many other skaters who qualified for Nationals this past season or previously, are also likely to perform -- they include: Meryl Davis/Charlie White, Jonathan Cassar, Andrea Best, Trevor Young, William Brewster, just to name a few.
    Does anyone happen to know the show times for today (Saturday -- 2 shows?) and tomorrow at Detroit SC?

  6. #6
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,058
    No, I have not been able to find out this information. I have, in fact, never been able to get any information out of the DSC. Their web site is useless, they won't answer their phone, and if you are not a member they treat you like dirt.

    (But if you want to see a cool video of William Brewster doing a triple Lutz, you can go to

    http://www.eastwestbank.com/English/...to-winners.asp

    Scroll down the right-hand menu to "William Brewster -- Lutz" )

    PS. Oops -- wrong link. That was Michelle giving out awards in the essay contest. Here's the DSC

    http://www.dscclub.com/
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-10-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •