Thread: What are your goals in figure skating?

Hybrid View

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!

What are your goals in figure skating?

My goals you can see in my signature...lol...I guess it's not too much I am asking for...

What about you?

Tripping on the Podium
    My goals in figure skating right now are to move up to the next Basic Skills level (Adullt 2). My other goal right now is to be able to do backward swizzles with speed and to master the one foot glide in my new skates.

Banned
    My current goal... not to dislocate my ribs while attempting flip jumps any more!

Skater Girl
    Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol

ETA: My goals are to get my Lutz back on track and hopefully start the Axel within a month or two, and get my spins more stable and able to do more rotations. Nicer back bend in the layback would be nice because I can do it off the ice! I'm ALMOST at my goal of Sasha Cohen Spiral(tm). :D Oh, another goal - START ICE DANCING.

New,
    Develop head gear that doesn't effect jumps - not a helmet, just something that alleviates some of the impact without throwing off the center of gravity. ETA - just for practice / learning.

To make FS 50%+ more popular.

To do a Double anything - besides a Flutz.

To have a real time score board. They better come out with this or you will never hear the end of it.

To start...
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 06-09-2006 at 04:28 PM.

I'm an Italian Bambina icy fresh's Avatar
    My immediate goals:

Pass Junior moves
    Land double loop and double toe consistently
    Medal at regionals.

I know that my placement at regionals is out of my control, but I still think it'd be nice to earn a medal and skate a clean program with all of my doubles. So I guess that would mean that my goal is a clean program at regionals!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol
    The first time was odd, I thing I tried to pull my left shoulder/arm around too hard to get the rotation, and I felt a "pop" and a lot of pain right where the ribs meet the sternum. I have really flexible joints anyway and seem to be prone to joint dislocations anyway. The second time, I fell fowards and put my arms out to stop my face from hitting the ice, and there was that "POP" again. NOT a good experience. And having them put back in place feels even worse! So yeah, I'm trying to avoid doing that ever again.

Figure Skater Music Editor singerskates's Avatar
    Windsor, ON CAN, at WFCU Centre for Spring Skating School
    Near Goals: Heal up my left shoulder/arm, pass Baby Blues and Fiesta Tango

Intermediate Goals: Pass Prelim FS, Pass Introductory Interpretive, Pass Prelim Skills and the last two Junior Bronze dances

Future Goals:Pass Junior Bronze FS and Skills, become a Level 1 Figure Skating Coach

Competitive Goals:Compete at the 2007 Boston Pizza WOS StarSkate Sectionals, compete at 2007 Adult Canadians in Calgary, if in North American compete at the 2007 ISU Adult International Competition, compete in some events in Michigan.

Long term competitive goals: Win the Gold medal at Adult Canadians in Adult Bronze (Junior Bronze) FS and later win Gold in Adult Silver (Senior Bronze) FS

singerskates

Short term goals: Clean up program and skate it consistently clean in competition until AN's next year (make incremental improvements to program at each competition planned)

Medium term goals: Pass Novice MIF. I just started on these after AN's and they are making slow but steady progress. Pass Intermediate FS.

Long term goals: Senior MIF and at least Novice FS