Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are your goals in figure skating?

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!

What are your goals in figure skating?

My goals you can see in my signature...lol...I guess it's not too much I am asking for...

What about you?

Tripping on the Podium
    My goals in figure skating right now are to move up to the next Basic Skills level (Adullt 2). My other goal right now is to be able to do backward swizzles with speed and to master the one foot glide in my new skates.

Banned
    My current goal... not to dislocate my ribs while attempting flip jumps any more!

Skater Girl
    Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol

ETA: My goals are to get my Lutz back on track and hopefully start the Axel within a month or two, and get my spins more stable and able to do more rotations. Nicer back bend in the layback would be nice because I can do it off the ice! I'm ALMOST at my goal of Sasha Cohen Spiral(tm). :D Oh, another goal - START ICE DANCING.

New,
    Develop head gear that doesn't effect jumps - not a helmet, just something that alleviates some of the impact without throwing off the center of gravity. ETA - just for practice / learning.

To make FS 50%+ more popular.

To do a Double anything - besides a Flutz.

To have a real time score board. They better come out with this or you will never hear the end of it.

To start...
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 06-09-2006 at 04:28 PM.

I'm an Italian Bambina icy fresh's Avatar
    My immediate goals:

Pass Junior moves
    Land double loop and double toe consistently
    Medal at regionals.

I know that my placement at regionals is out of my control, but I still think it'd be nice to earn a medal and skate a clean program with all of my doubles. So I guess that would mean that my goal is a clean program at regionals!

Ballroom Baby
    My short-term goal: pass the Swing and Fiesta Tango, and Pre-Juvenile Moves.

Long-term goals: Senior Moves, Senior Free Dance, and the International Compulsories.

On the Ice
    At 56 and after 36 years away from skating, I started again in January. I simply want my basic skills back!!!

Goals?

My first goal was to have all my edges back by September - I have just started backward edges.

By December I want to have a variety of turns - I have two-footed turns already and getting close to being able to do the 3-Turns and Mohawk.

Along with the edges and turns, I want to get some footwork by December.

If I make those goals by December, I want to put together a Prelim. Interp. program and compete in March.

Custom Title
    To win the Couples Elementary Dance section of the British Adult Championships.

I can dream, can't I? It won't happen, because the free dance is worth 60% of the marks, and there is a couple whose free dance is their best feature - we may be able to beat them in compulsory dance (but then again, we may not!), but there is no way we can beat them in free dance.

Oh well, it's good fun trying! As my husband says, "At our level, it's only a game!"

My goal is to pass my ADULT BRONZE MIF test! After failing twice I'm hoping three times the charm

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    I taught a bit...

Those are my two life wishes that I said, and my life goals in FS (I think TOTALY possible)
    But I'll have to wait a bit for it so I thing the thing before that would be to compete ate JGP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol
    The first time was odd, I thing I tried to pull my left shoulder/arm around too hard to get the rotation, and I felt a "pop" and a lot of pain right where the ribs meet the sternum. I have really flexible joints anyway and seem to be prone to joint dislocations anyway. The second time, I fell fowards and put my arms out to stop my face from hitting the ice, and there was that "POP" again. NOT a good experience. And having them put back in place feels even worse! So yeah, I'm trying to avoid doing that ever again.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan
    My goal is to pass my ADULT BRONZE MIF test!:
    That is my goal too, as well as passing the Bronze free after the four retries before moves were required. I also want to compete at AN- just one time will do.

Have you taken your bronze mif yet?

I have my music for my bronze free program, but no program. I'd like to compete at least once too.

Rinkside
    short-term: take and pass adult bronze fs
    learn and land lutz, then lutz-loop-loop

long-term: take and pass up to intermediate mif; perhaps also try novice mif
    learn and land axel; attempt some doubles
    learn and master all one and two foot turns (well, if I say I want to master all of these turns, I suppose that means I need to make senior mif my goal, but I'm being realistic here!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast