Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are your goals in figure skating?

Rinkside

My Goal This Year

is to skate a clean FS1 program at ISI Adult Nationals in September.

Figure Skater Music Editor singerskates's Avatar
    Windsor, ON CAN, at WFCU Centre for Spring Skating School
    Near Goals: Heal up my left shoulder/arm, pass Baby Blues and Fiesta Tango

Intermediate Goals: Pass Prelim FS, Pass Introductory Interpretive, Pass Prelim Skills and the last two Junior Bronze dances

Future Goals:Pass Junior Bronze FS and Skills, become a Level 1 Figure Skating Coach

Competitive Goals:Compete at the 2007 Boston Pizza WOS StarSkate Sectionals, compete at 2007 Adult Canadians in Calgary, if in North American compete at the 2007 ISU Adult International Competition, compete in some events in Michigan.

Long term competitive goals: Win the Gold medal at Adult Canadians in Adult Bronze (Junior Bronze) FS and later win Gold in Adult Silver (Senior Bronze) FS

singerskates

Short term goals: Clean up program and skate it consistently clean in competition until AN's next year (make incremental improvements to program at each competition planned)

Medium term goals: Pass Novice MIF. I just started on these after AN's and they are making slow but steady progress. Pass Intermediate FS.

Long term goals: Senior MIF and at least Novice FS

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan
    Have you taken your bronze mif yet?

I have my music for my bronze free program, but no program. I'd like to compete at least once too.
    I took it back in March and got a retry. To be honest, my coach literally had to twist my arm to try it then, as I felt I wasn't ready. Now I really want to pass the darn thing!
    I have a program, but it may have to be changed. From reading the Peach Classic announcement, if it's any indication, Pre Bronze free skaters that compete in Pre Bronze freestyle will be held to the same spin and jump maximums as the Bronze skaters ( two spin elements, three jump elements, footwork covering at least 1/2 the ice surface).
    If the Halloween Classic folks do this, I'll be taking out one spin and one jump element!

Tripping on the Podium

My goals for skating ...........

Immediate goals: continue work hard on my Novice moves with the intent to pass the test in late Fall; consistent training to achieve my competive goals this Pre-Juvenile season, which include a strong placement at Regionals; and work on more soft knee action and overall speed on the ice.

Near-Future goals: to pass my Senior moves test by fall 2007; have a strong double Axel and 1 or 2 good triples by December 2007; and compete and skate well at U.S. Junior Nationals.

Future goals: Olympic dreams!!

Immediate Goals:

Get my double axel and triple sal
    Make the Canada Games Team

Long-Term Goals:

Feel satisfied with my skating by the time I quit.

Custom Title

My goals

I want to take my final tests to move up to A (Swedish competing classes), and get my Axel and tripple Sal, and maybe tripple flip.

I'm aiming for nationals either this year or the next.

Rinkside
    My goal is to have a blast everytime I am on the ice
    Work on all my elements
    And get better everyday

Peace!

Medalist
    My immediate goal is to pass Bronze FS this August.

Then, my coach and I are going to work on Silver FS program. I expect it to take time to get it right and get it competitive, but I'm very excited to have a program reach that big ol' 2 minute mark. :D

I want to land my axel next season.

I'd like to pass Silver MIF and FS by the end of Summer 07 and I'd like to compete at the Silver level at 08 Adult Nats.

By 2009, I'd love to pass Gold MIF and FS, but I"m not sure how realistic this is. I think Silver might take me a little longer. In 09, I'm planning on getting preggers, so I'll be on hiatus.

My ultimate goal is to pass all the Adult tests, to coach other Adults and to make Championship Gold at Adult Nats.....someday. Hopefully with a double or two.

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    After reading the above, my goals are no where as lofty!

I'll settle for passing pre-Figures this summer and Figures 1 by late winter.

Medalist
    short term: get solid technique on my jumps, feel at complete ease when doing moves, crossovers.

long term: get all doubles, be a good spinner.

Ballroom Baby
    Immediate short-term goal: Pass the Swing on Friday!

Custom Title
    Short term: pass 2 more dances over the winter/spring.

Long term: finish my gold dances & my senior free dance. Then I can coach all the way up!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer View Post
    Immediate short-term goal: Pass the Swing on Friday!
    Best of good luck to you - Level 4 Silver compulsories (Swing Dance and Fiesta Tango) are on my "hopefully this winter" list, along with Level 3 Bronze Dance Moves (and if I don't get them, that's a big disaster, as they change the system next year!).

More immediate than that, though, are a dance competition at Bristol next Sunday, and the British Adult Championships at the end of September. Where the best we can hope for is Silver, and that is very unlikely indeed, alas.... Bronze is far more probable, and 4th place (out of 4) not altogether ruled out!

Do let us know how you get on in the Swing Dance.

Ballroom Baby
    *sigh* Unfortunately, the test chair called this morning and said their dance judge has "cancelled." When she said who it was I suspected that it was more he was told not to judge anything over preliminary any more as he's quite old and can't see all that well. (So why exactly did she ask him in the first place?!? Everyone in the freakin' REGION knows this!) So now I don't know when I'm testing it. There's a remote possibility that I could go with my coach on Saturday up to Vermont and their test chair would allow me to slot in (the test chair for this one said she'd called around to let other clubs know about the problem) but that's a long ride. Also, there's a session at another club two hours away next week that might or might not have dance (she seemed to think it did and implied she'd talked to them, the NEICC site says it's just FS/MIF.)

I'm just really annoyed. Now I have to reorganize my work shedule (I had tomorrow off), and I was ready to test it. I don't want to wait a matter of weeks, throw off everything else I was working on, and possible shove either the Fiesta or Pre-Juv MIF even farther back.

Forget tomorrow. I don't even want to go to work today. I'm too depressed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast