Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brian Joubert will come to Toronto

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Well it worked some years ago for Brian Boitano when he came to Sandra Bezic before the Calgary 88 Olympics. Brian Boitano ended up improving his artistic side thanks to Sandra and he won the gold medal. Mind you I still think Brian Orser is more artistic than Brian Boitano.

This is a smart move on Brian Joubert's part. Why not consult the best? I am certainly still going to be in Jeff Buttle's corner, but it will be interesting to see what Kurt can do with Brian Joubert artistically. I hated his Matrix program and have never been inspired by his skating in general. He is a good jumper. I hope Kurt can also talk him into wearing better costumes. I find the French skaters always go for such outrageous get ups.

Go Kurt and Brian!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I have to admit I'm skeptical. Browning is the best dancer on ice I've ever seen (in men's). Joubert, um, not so much.

I agree with Jonny Coup and Joe -- rhythm is hard to learn if you don't have any (look at Brian Boitano, for instance).
    But Brian Boitano still developed style... he might not have rhythm but he certainly has presence and I think Kurt can help Joubert a lot in that regard.

I will be watching the feet, in disbelief, Kurt helping the French, be something neat.

Custom Title
    Joubert has to let it happen aqnd give into the music. With Yasgudin it was more of an imitation than anything else.

Custom Title
    There is something about Joubert that I like. It seems to be more Brian the person. Brian the skater still needs a lot of work but I really think he can do it. If Kurt can bring out Joubert the person into his skating and improve on his FW and a few other things, I think he can be a contender for Worlds. Maybe not 07 but he may be for 08.

Good luck to Brian and Kurt. They are both first class people in my eyes.

Ladybug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2