Johnny Weir Q & A June 2006 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Q & A June 2006

IDLERACER

Medalist
31. (From Inna in Odessa, Ukraine) "Hey, Johnny!!!!! Do you like children!? And when you feel ready to become a father, will you prefer a boy or a girl?"

"I love some children. I am still at the point where I like them when they're clean and cute and funny. I wouldn't be able to do the diaper thing quite yet. I would like a little girl one day."

After reading the rest of this interview, all I can say is that before he get's himself a daughter, I hope he has the good sense to first get himself a husband.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IDLERACER said:
31. (From Inna in Odessa, Ukraine) "Hey, Johnny!!!!! Do you like children!? And when you feel ready to become a father, will you prefer a boy or a girl?"

"I love some children. I am still at the point where I like them when they're clean and cute and funny. I wouldn't be able to do the diaper thing quite yet. I would like a little girl one day."

After reading the rest of this interview, all I can say is that before he get's himself a daughter, I hope he has the good sense to first get himself a husband.
Idle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

My thought on reading this question and answer session was, oh, the things a guy has to put up with if he wants to build a fan base!

orchid

On the Ice
Mathman said:
My thought on reading this question and answer session was, oh, the things a guy has to put up with if he wants to build a fan base!

Weir's foolish behaviour incites such questions. If he had the poise to answer anything with neutral demeanor, he would not be the subject of humor. Thereby, his skating would be the focus. It is noticed that his complaints are with everything reported on him, except his skating.

Face it everyone, this pwincest is using the media. Any attention is better than none.

Perhaps he should consult Camille, and figure out how to be a champion skater minus the baggage. He is losing fan interest.

soogar

Record Breaker
I think he is cute. Though I don't get how there are money issues with his dad coming up to see him skate when he buys Louis Vuitton and all those skin care products and services...

debdelilah

On the Ice
soogar said:
I think he is cute. Though I don't get how there are money issues with his dad coming up to see him skate when he buys Louis Vuitton and all those skin care products and services...

I thought the same thing. But then he was talking about his father feeling awkward when attending and having pain during the trips. It may be that money is just the surface reason(and possibly the reason given by his father?) Who knows?

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
orchid said:
Perhaps he should consult Camille, and figure out how to be a champion skater minus the baggage. He is losing fan interest.
That would be the smartest thing he's done in a couple of years. Look Camille isn't even real and look at her fan base. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
That would be the smartest thing he's done in a couple of years. Look Camille isn't even real and look at her fan base. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Ummmmm Camille is a male swan. Johnny's fan base continues to grow all over the world. Check out the growing number of fan sites. Despite the 5th place at the Olympics, Johnny is more popular than ever. Sure, he lost a few supporters, but he gained one heck of a lot more than he lost.

blackrose050 said:
Apparently the people sending in questions for these Q&As are still interested.
Quite true. It is also interesting to note all the different countries that the questions come from.

Johnny seems to be the only American skater in any discipline that has fan appeal outside the U.S.

MM :)

Mathman said:
Quite true. It is also interesting to note all the different countries that the questions come from.

Johnny seems to be the only American skater in any discipline that has fan appeal outside the U.S.MM :)
I think it's about lyrical skating and not jumps and wild footwork only.

Joe

Mathman said:

Johnny seems to be the only American skater in any discipline that has fan appeal outside the U.S.

MM :)

Seems to me Sasha has lots of international fans too. There are lots on her fanboard.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Could it have something to do with international performances? I recall hearing that MIchelle had a lot of fans in Europe during the late '90s (when she did European GPs), but that her fan base dropped considerably when she did less and less competing in Europe -- but I don't know if this is true.