Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Electric Company Rant

Quote Originally Posted by seanibu
    Now if the City Government charges the "institution" you are retaining the service of delivery from - and for spicificly delivery (maybe for the traffic they cause? ) then they are allowed charge for that, but it should be added into the cost of, from the "institution providing service."
    I know and made this information available.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8tngcanuck
    Just a correction Ladskater - GST is not Government Sales Tax, it is actually the Goods and Services Tax... which leads me to my next point.

In regards to those of you complaining about tax on delivery charges, we here in Canada pay 7% tax on delivery charges because delivery is considered a service and thus the Goods and Services tax applies, so if your state has a similar type tax, it is likely that the charges are legitimate.

Yes, it is A Goods and Services tax, but it is imposed by the Federal Government so theoretically it is a government tax - it used to be called the MST (Manufacturer's tax). In 1987 it was changed to now infamous GST (Goods and Services Tax). It is still a government tax.

In BC we pay both the GST and PST tax - which makes BC probably the most expensive Province in Canada to live.

There's my rant.

Here is more on the GST act:
    [url]http://dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/BP/bp377-e.htm[/url]
    Last edited by Ladskater; 06-13-2006 at 02:17 AM.

Custom Title

You Are Not Going To Believe This!

I received a lovely email from a woman at the Citizens Utility Board. She apologized (even though she doesn't work for ComEd) and agreed that I had been treated terribly. They have agreed to issue me a written apology *and* refund my security deposit that I felt was unjustified.

I just might pay my electric bill on time after this.

Thanks, everyone for listening to me rant. And I am doing a little dance in my head as I write this. My karma must be good today.

Whoooh hooo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2