Who is the skater in these pics? | Golden Skate

Who is the skater in these pics?

eleonora.d

On the Ice
yea,that's SIlvia! She's been the Italian National Champion in '99,2000 and 2002 , she quitted and she came back for the Olympics in Turin.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks. That's who I first thought of but wasn't completely sure. I thought I recognized her from the Olympics.

silverfox

Rinkside
The photo is from Silvia's exhibition performance in Torino. I arrived at Palavela too late to catch the opening moves of her performance and I didn't get the name of her music. I wonder if there is a video anywhere?

Silvia didn't place well in Torino, but I think she reached out and touched more people in the audience than any other skater. I remember her emotional long program, and the partial standing ovation from the spectators.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
silverfox said:

Silvia didn't place well in Torino, but I think she reached out and touched more people in the audience than any other skater. I remember her emotional long program, and the partial standing ovation from the spectators.

That's one of the things I :love: best about Silvia. It's not all about winning medals. I remember her joy at skating a personally very satisfying program at Worlds a few seasons ago. Her reaction said it all. :clap:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Did Caro skate in the exhibition as well? I thought the top 5 finishers got to skate and if the host country didn't have a skater in the top 5, then they could allow their skater to participate. Or is it ALL skaters from the host country? In 2003, they offered Sarah Hughes the chance to skate at Worlds DC, but she declined.

silverfox

Rinkside
Carolina skated to "Ave Maria" in the exhibition. She wore a white feathery costume that made her look almost otherworldly. Barbara and Maurizio skated in the exhibitions also. Their program music was "Unchain My Heart " by Joe Cocker. In one part of the dance she looks like she's strangling him with the white suspenders of his costume. Very appropriate choreography.

Last edited: