Oldies but Goodies - Videos | Golden Skate

Oldies but Goodies - Videos

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you click to download there will be a counter in the upper right corner that counts down from 45 seconds, after that you're able to download. Also, if you right click on the video in Windows media player you can change the size of the viewing area.

Michelle Kwan 94 Nationals

Dee

Last edited:
How sweet it was! (That was 1994, right?)

Needs work on her spirals, LOL. Pretty good footwork section, way back then -- add a couple of turns in the other direction, and you've got Aranjuez.

MM :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That was the one that got me "admitting" to friends, I love this sport!

I just thought of a great idea. You know how the East-West Ice Palace has its Michelle Kwan trophy room? That's where us Wing Nuts (Michelle WING Kwan :laugh: ) congregate for our annual hajj to feast our eyes on the holy relics (no photography allowed).

They could show these videos in a continuous loop on a big screen.

Well, I guess it would have to be a small screen, since all the wall space is taken up by all the trophies...

Never mind...

Anyway, thanks for the upload, Dee. :agree:

Last edited:
Wow! :love:

What about that look on Michelle's face? Priceless! :laugh:

I had forgotten that entrance into her Charlotte. I wonder if she is still flexible enough to do that. Under CoP, that would deserve the one-time bonus point for a unique move.

BTW, it is performances like this that make me critical of the direction that the New Judging System seems to be pushing the sport, at least on the ladies' side. The simple elegance of that program, how she took her time fully to complete every move, gives a stark contrast (IMHO) with how skaters seem nowadays to be rushing helter-skelter to get in as many changes of position, etc., as possible. What's wrong with just one superb extended position?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Math, I'm glad you enjoyed that. It makes it worthwhile when someone does. In the last few years, I wish Sasha would have had that spark that she displayed in this performance. I miss her spunkiness (is that a word :laugh: :laugh:).

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks Dee! Oh how I miss the Kwan years. From the beginning you just knew she was something special.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Thanks Dee! Oh how I miss the Kwan years. From the beginning you just knew she was something special.

And here she still is. It made the revving so worthwhile!