"Remember Me" on Logging in | Golden Skate

"Remember Me" on Logging in

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Does it cause problems for the forum when selecting, "Remember Me" on Logging in? I.E. use up unnecessary "space." Cause things to slow up.... Or will a user inactivity just get them logged out automatically regardless of the selection, to make the necessary room?

But it is nice that I don't have to log back in when getting pulled away for a moment.

I notice that since I have done this, sometimes I close the browser (Safari - The BEST:biggrin: IMO) without logging out - habit I can work on too. And when I come back I get either a need to re log in or I still am. I just don't want to be problematic.

It doesn't do any harm to leave "remember me" on all the time. The amount of space it uses is miniscule. In fact, some members have complained that if they don't click "remember me" then they might get logged out in the middle of composing a post.

If you clear your cookies or delete your Internet cache when you close your web browser, that turns off remember me and logs you out automatically. (As I understand it, Remember Me is more a cookie on your own computer than something that uses GS resources.)

Last edited: