Hottest Woman (Not a figure skater) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hottest Woman (Not a figure skater)

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Yeah, the point is, a lot of what are held up as ideals (models, many actresses, certain figure skaters) have body types (stick figures) that are supposedly wonderful but actually a miniscule percentage of the population naturally and attainable by the rest only through eating disorders or radical plastic surgery. I could diet until I died, and I would still have hips significantly wider than my waist.

Antilles

Medalist
The "real women"comments always make me feel for women who are naturally skinny or rather straight-shaped, and who don't starve themselves to get that way. They'd probably love to have curves, too.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Juliet - The fact that your hips are wider than your waist is a good thing....:thumbsup:
The other way around would be bad....
I have no idea why girls shaped like broom handles are supposedly the fashion 'ideal', I'd say the overwhelming majority of men prefer the swimsuit/lingerie model type, which is sporty & curvy, definitely shaped like a female, but without .....umh.....extra fat.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Response to Wolf's last comment, I really think that is just science talking. Health is the key to attractive. But sometimes guys and girls cause other things to be publicized.

I find it interesting is the thread about Guys, has not gone in this direction?

First I recognize there are exceptions to the rule, and not everyone is just because the majority is.

I think of is how many women have told me that most of the time they want to look good to other women more then men. Men aren't that hard to please, it is the women in the world. "If you look good to another woman then the men are most likely going to drop."

IMO allot of it comes down to what gets popularized to look at and what people actually want. It is subject to interpretation at any time. Guys acutely wanting opposed to liking to look at the "broomstick" type I think comes from the fact most men are insecure down deep. And to share the down deep means they become very vulnerable. Although there is really no correlation other then the "minds eye" perceiving to be safer, it also has a little to do with a guy feeling like he is big and strong - protector. I mean who isn't tougher than Kate Moss?:laugh: When it comes to looking they are being told that that is hot, so they mindlessly follow what the media tells them.

On the other hand there are guys who have a desire for women that are bigger than them. I had a friend in high school 5'2" who loved women 6'+. I have another friend who thought that Kristy Ally should keep the weight on.

And as someone was saying, It is not that a woman is "real" by the amount of curves or lack there of. That is just a phrase. Literarily real would mean a woman that feels good and is secure with herself in my book. What ever you got, if you wear it like you own it - that is attractive. Expl. Brittany Spears, I see a picture and think, "she is really not that hot." Then I start thinking about how how there is so much confidence that she is - and she winds up being really hot. Attitude can make the biggest difference.

I am so glad not to have seen the names Pairs H, Pamela A, Anna Nicole....thank goodness there is more taste on this forum then those tackywadd trollops.
:laugh: But Brittany is OK:rofl:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Last edited:

DJStuCrew

Rinkside
I think it's a matter of preference, not a judgment. I've always thought that Marilyn Monroe was the ultimate woman, and women like Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?) just don't look healthy. If you look WAY WAY back, there was a woman named Bettie Page, a pin-up girl back during WWII (I think). She was the ideal, where today she'd be considered WAY too fat! She also had very strong features and dark hair, which I've always found very attractive.

That said, I've got to agree with the Kate Winslet fans. I also have to admit that I was a huge fan when Lindsay Lohan broke out (before the big weight loss and while she still had red hair). Ah, to be 20 years younger....! (And rich...and famous enough to meet her...)

I also liked Shakira before she went blonde. She had the most gorgeous, long, nearly black hair!

Did I mention I like dark hair?

Okay, contemporary women who I try never to miss an appearance of:
Jill Hennessy from "Crossing Jordan"
Emily Deschanel from "Bones"
Katherine Heigl -- "Izzy" from "Grey's Anatomy" (See? I'm not anti-blonde!)
Eden Riegel -- "Bianca" from "All My Children" (Ahem...I'm home during the day...) :)
Kate Beckinsale from the new movie, "Click."
Kim Yoon Jin -- "Sun" from "Lost."
Eva Longoria from "Desperate Housewives."

That's my top seven, in no particular order.

As you might also gather, it takes far more than a pretty face to impress me. These women also have that something extra; they're great actors, and/or have great personalities. (Kate was just on Conan last night!)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
..thank goodness there is more taste on this forum then those tackywadd trollops.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sean you've just caught us at a high point:biggrin:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I've always thought Salma Hayek was absolutely stunning. Even in "Frida", with the unibrow going on.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Oh I know Betty Page, considered Fat these days? Not the populous I know. Heck half the pictures of her in "jungle gear" that I recall she always has that definition just under her ribs clearly. IMO not fat in the slightest bit. The girl on NCIS totally reminds me of Betty - I geuss I would evn say that "Punk rock scientist" thing she has going on make her pritty darn .......:love: BP and Vagas posters, yep.

You must not remember Michel P from Grease 2 - like who would want to remember that movie. I do agree now - Frankie and Johnny, she didn't look well. And also note the idea I mentioned about men being insecure, most likely that is the need for the "broomstick."

:agree: with the dark hair as a preference.

OOps I guess I went off again, sorry!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
I've always thought Salma Hayek was absolutely stunning. Even in "Frida", with the unibrow going on.

She reminds me of Maria Conchita Alanzo, I acutely hit on her in a bar in Santa Barbara before I realized who she was. I was braver in my early 20s.

OH yah, Marisa Tomei!

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Kasey said:
As a heterosexual female, Angelina Jolie would be it! :)
As a heterosexual male, I would disagree. For me, mental instability is a big turn-off. Whether it's Anne Heche, Margot Kidder, or Natasha Lyonne, I've learned to steer clear of women who have had histories of waking up in somebody else's backyard, not sure of who they are. My guess is that Angelina Jolie cannot remember where or when she got half of her tattoos, and probably has trouble recalling the names of her previous husbands as well.

Kasey

Medalist
IDLERACER said:
As a heterosexual male, I would disagree. For me, mental instability is a big turn-off. Whether it's Anne Heche, Margot Kidder, or Natasha Lyonne, I've learned to steer clear of women who have had histories of waking up in somebody else's backyard, not sure of who they are. My guess is that Angelina Jolie cannot remember where or when she got half of her tattoos, and probably has trouble recalling the names of her previous husbands as well.

Having seen her on C-Span and Anderson Cooper, discussing her work with various causes, I would respectfully disagree. She is a lady with her head on straight, her priorities straight, and her heart in a good place. Perhaps the mistakes of the past can be forgotten in lieu of what is occuring in the present. Just my personal opinion though. I have a lot of respect for her, and I think she has grown in terms of maturity and developing class.

guinevere

Final Flight
Of actresses, I think Carrie-Anne Moss (the Matrix movies), Sandra Bullock, Hilary Swank, and Halle Berry are all gorgeous. There are actually lots of actresses who are very attractive, but those four are hot.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Just saw "the girl from NCIS" - science girl with the "Betty Page look a like" look about her, on the Drew Carry Show, I never watch NCIS, but I made the connection. She is Kidadus!:love: Great personality "it seems" with the clasic style. OO ya!

I need to get out and find another girlfriend soon:laugh: :laugh::cry: :boohoo: