So What Is Your Profession? | Golden Skate

So What Is Your Profession?

M

mmandel

So What Is Your Profession?

What is your profession or job?

Are you a high school student or college student?

M

mmandel

Re: So What Is Your Profession?

Registered Nurse - Interim Director of Emergency Services.

P

Pookie

I'm mostly a housewife. I did work for the USPS part time but I gave it up until I can get moved. I don't know if that's considered a profession but that's what I do. :)

M

mmandel

You bet that counts! Maintaining one's home <strong><em>is</em></strong> a job.

K

Kzarah

I got out of nursing (Psychiatric Technician) a number a years ago. Now, I am trying to get back into nursing. I have been for the last year doing home care taking care of a rich old fart who is always getting into trouble. In my spare time, I have a pip dream of winning the lottery and retiring to be a full time parent to my Little Lulu.
Daniel and Little Lulu

G

Grgranny

I started out as a stenographer when I graduated from high school. Moved from home at 17 (country schools didn't have kindergarten). When I changed jobs I was a key punch operator. Then, I was a wife, mother and homemaker. After my kids got older I tried selling World Book. Disaster, I can't ask people for money! It's the job I hated most. I worked in flower shops for a short while but my back said no. I worked for 5 years as a secretary for an insurance agent. My husband and I started making jewelry and selling it at craft shows. I still have the stuff and once in a while I make something for someone or repair. I didn't like handling the torch so I just do assembling and stringing. Right now, I am trying to get my house ready to sell. So now I am a gramma and great gramma.

R

Raelynne

I'm a college student. I also work part time in a groccery store.

H

heyang

My formal title is Development Manager within the Retail IT department of Phillips Van Heusen. The company is known for its manufacturing of Dress Shirts, but it also owns GH Bass, Geoffrey Beene, Izod and recently acquired Calvin Klein. My role is to manage IT projects related to the functions required to support the operation of the Retail stores.

Occassionally, we offer a 30% off Friends and Family discount at our stores which are usually located in outlet stores. So, if you're interested in being on my mailing list, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the coupon during the next promotion. It's not on available on any particular schedule...so, I can't say when the next promo will occur.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I'm a neurosurgeon.</span>

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:xx-large;">KIDDING!</span>

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;">I used to be a music teacher (part-time professor and had my own voice studio). I closed it to spend my afternoons with my daughter and chauffer her to her various activities. Look at my NAME and I'll bet you can figure out what I do now!</span> :lol: :rollin:

S

Show 42

Elementary school teacher here......currently on vacation..
........;) 42

K

Kzarah

RealtorGal
I liked your post. I was going to say that I was an underwear model for the Sears Catalogue. By the way, Little Lulu is working part time as a plate licker at IHOP and on Sunday mornings she works the breakfast bar at Bob's Big Boy.

Daniel and Little Lulu

S

Show 42

Daniel, I think I've seen her there......darn good worker too..

S

sk8m8

So that's why I adore you 42, teachers are my favorite folks.
Plus, who wouldn't love someone who shares my passion for Paul Wylie and his unsurpassed skating!

I just graduated from College ( at the tender age of 43) I've been everything you can be in the Hotel, Restaurant, Hospitality industry, from dishwasher at 12 in a family owned diner to a Catering Director.

I went back to school to develop my talents toward my passion, which is teaching and helping others cope with new technology. Wish me luck out there in the "big and bad" job market!

P

Piel

Registered nurse, patients with end stage renal disease/kidney dialysis. Retired now due to illness. Specialty now is spoiling nieces and nephews. A new niece is due July 5...just 19 more days!

Piel

S

Show 42

Why thank you, sk8m8, I knew we were "kindred spirits"....best of luck in your new chosen profession. I know you will be first rate!! :D 42

K

Kara Bear

recent university graduate...now an unemployed bum :D

A

Aloft02

Another Realtor here! I sell Northwest dirt (with houses on it.)

S

starshinexavier

I will be a University student starting in September, majoring in Animal Biology. I also work part time at The Beer Store.

D

Dee4707

I am an Executive Assistant to four Directors until recently. The senior director thought I was doing too much so he reduced my work load to three directors. I don't know what to do with all my spare time.:lol: :lol: It has been one of the jobs that I wake up in the morning and am excited to go to work. It has been that way for the last 13 years. I think I am very lucky.

Dee

G

guinevere

Re: So What is Your Profession?

Ready for the list?

I'm a dancer/choreographer who manages a collectively-run modern dance company. I pay a lot of money for the privilege, however, so by day I'm:

- the Controller (finances & contracts) of a locally-based ticketing company
- the Business Manager for a non-profit theater company
- House Manager for a 295-seat theater and
- Bookkeeper for a dance studio run by my company and 3 other groups.

these are all jobs that I do now. I've had many other splendiferous jobs, most of which have been arts-related.

guinevere