I shot the duck! | Golden Skate

I shot the duck!

Wolfgang

On the Ice
My dog is still looking for it....
After going through my current menu of 3-turns, waltz jumps, crossover sequences, and various edges, I was looking for something different to do to avoid burnout.
Some of the kids - slightly more advanced than me - were playing around with trying to shoot the duck after their free skate class, so I decided to give that a try.
After a few abortive attempts - didn't go down far enough - I got it!
Now I have to figure out how to get back up without wiping out......:cool:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
What'd that poor duck ever to do you? ;)

Congrats! That's one of those things I just can't get--my knees and ankles don't bend that far!

megsk8z

On the Ice
I can shoot the duck just fine. It's just that I can't get back up from shooting. Which is stupid because I can sit spin fine.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wolfgang said:
After going through my current menu of 3-turns, waltz jumps, crossover sequences, and various edges, I was looking for something different to do to avoid burnout.
Some of the kids - slightly more advanced than me - were playing around with trying to shoot the duck after their free skate class, so I decided to give that a try.

Congratulations! You are now on your way to learning a sitspin.

Figureskates

On the Ice
My 14-year-old figure skating niece tried to get me to shoot the duck. Then she was wondering what all those wierd cracking noises were coming from assorted areas of my body.

60 year old frames are not built for shooting the duck, wounding yes.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
The duck is improved, I can get up now.....:)
The trick is to get just the right amount of forward lean to avoid catching the heel, that'll kill your momentum and let the duck get away.....
Now they want me to spin down there....
I think maybe I'll try the other foot.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I find it easier to get down (and up) in that position while spinning, then trying to get up from the "duck" position.

Wolfgang-give the spin a try.

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
I'm not too good at it. Lack of practice I think. Though I could do it backwards a long time ago. That was fun, though I was kinda dangerous, just try to look over your shoulder to look out for other skaters while doing the move backwards, without losing your balance....:biggrin:

singerskates

On the Ice
Wolfgang said:

(Little 70's music here please) You shot the duck, but you did not shoot the deputee. ...... LOL :rofl:

congrads