Do you have a nickname? | Golden Skate

Do you have a nickname?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
This is probably childish. I can't wait 'til skating is in season again.
I had several. My Grampa B. called me Skeezix and my sis Muggins.
My Gramma S. called me Bonnie. To this day, there are still some still alive that still call me Bonnie. They both were in line for my user name. The funniest thing about that is, when we were bowling couples, all at once our partner started calling me Bonnie and he knew nothing about me being called that before. He said I just seemed like a Bonnie. When Gramma S. didn't like the name you named your baby, she called you by the name she liked. Therefore, Bonnie. She called my oldest daughter Peggy, Patsy. We always called my little brother Raymond Rotten Potato Butts because he went over and got a dipped potato and ate it when no one was looking. Guess it didn't hurt him. I don't remember what they dipped the potatoes in before they planted them. Probably is outlawed now. He didn't have a middle name. He was #5 so maybe they were running out of names? :rofl: My Dad's only brother "Uncle Leonard" was called Bud and I didn't realize that wasn't his name for years, I only knew him as Uncle Bud. Gramma liked Janet's name because she chose it. She was visiting us and was worried we hadn't chosen one yet so she kept naming names (that she liked) and the only one she liked was Janet. (My husband was really stubborn on names, seemed as if there weren't any he liked.Which was a relief to me we found one he agreed with.) When I finally got a backbone, it was too late. :rofl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, my grandfather called my mom Skeezix too. I thought that was funny when I read it here.

Some of my nicknames are: Dee, Dot, Do (pronounced like dough), Sis, DeeWee, DeeDee Rompers and some I can't mention on the board. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"Shauneeboo" - Shaunski - Blueberry - C.P. - Buzz and Buzzard (rare anymore but occasionally). For a little while I was called "Bird Man," but it didn't last once I left Santa Barbara.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
And how could I have forgotten this one. I know I've told it before but it was really embarrasing for a 17 year old. When I first got a job, it was at a wholesale paper company "Carpenter Paper Company" on West O, they found out my first name was Gladys and last name Butts. Happy Bottom Butts! I still cringe.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
My mother named me Patti Lynne after a character on the old soap "Search for Tomorrow". The character's name was Patti and played by an actress named Lynn Loring. Mother didn't name me Patricia because she didn't want people to call me by a nickname. As far back as I can remember my mother has called me either Sally or Trish........so go figure. My grandmother always called me Babydoll and my grandfather called me That Girl. An old college boyfriend called me P.L. which turned into Piel. My favorite name to be called is Aunt Patti by my nieces an nephews.:love:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I watched that show too. I always thought Lori was so pretty and was disappointed so much when she did that crappy, immoral show, Summerland.
I think she wrote it too.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mother thought she was pretty too. That why she said she named me after her. I think the character Patti was supposed to be about 6 or 7 on the show when i was born (1954). The funny thing is the character became an R.N. on the show and so did I.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well there's Tonichelle

Toni the Tree - I played the Crabby Apple Tree in the Wizard of Oz in high school and since I was taller than most of my friends I got the nickname of "tree" after that performance... I guess I deserved it, one of my best friends is called Shorty because... well... she is! lol and she played a Munchkin... so it was fitting.

Inot - it's my name backwards... my bestfriend finds it funny so she calls me that, I call her Nire lol

Toni Skywalker - yeah my jr. high obsession with Star Wars got me that one

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
There's-Boony or Boony Bug, Ammie Sue, My Ammie(like Miami). Once in a blue moon, as a kid I got "Flamingo", because my last name is, Fleming.:rolleye:

redladybug21

Rinkside
My sister calls me Deah, and some of my friends call me Babydoll or sister... oh ya there is always Carebear...