Fashion On Ice - ticket sales start tommorrow | Golden Skate

Fashion On Ice - ticket sales start tommorrow

heyang

Record Breaker
Disson Skating brings Fashion on Ice, with special guests Frederique and Chris Isaak, to the Sovereign Bank Arena (in Trenton, NJ)

Friday, December 1 @ 7:30pm
Tickets: $96, $76, $56, and $36

Frederique van der Wal, one of the most recognizable faces in the
modeling world will be the host of the night, while skaters show off the different fashions of today. Chris Isaak, who's best known for his hit song ?Wicked Game,? will supply the music for the models to strut their stuff to.

Fashion on Ice is set to air on NBC on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 4 p.m. EST.

Tickets go on-sale FRI., JUNE 16 @ 10AM

Teenes

On the Ice
Info's a month old, but this is what I know:
Shizuka Arakawa, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Jennifer Robinson, Silvia Fontana, Evgeni Plushenko, John Zimmerman, Steven Cousins, Tim Goebel, Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev
Musical guest artist: Chris Isaak
Host: Frederique Van Der Wal

http://www.kurtfiles.com/events/fashion06.php

BTW tickets for Kristi Yamaguchi's Friends and Family appear to be on sale already. And there's a presale form you can download for Michael Bolton Tribute on Ice, though tickets don't go on sale until Sept. 15 for that one. Gotta Skate is already on sale, and I'm looking to find out the sale dates for the rest of the Disson shows.
http://www.kurtfiles.com/events0607.php

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Tina. I'm also interested in knowing if there is a pre-sale date for "Country on Ice." I contacted Disson Skating and the reply said that the tickets for 'Country on Ice" would go on sale on September 9 (or 10?).

Teenes

On the Ice
Heh, you have more information than I do about Country on Ice right now. I'm trying to find out any ticket sale and presale information I can right now. Just waiting for someone to return my message...

BTW the Michael Bolton Tribute on Ice presale form - for the most expensive ticket ($95+), it says that a "private viewing of the skaters warming up" is included so I guess it comes with warmup passes...

mememe

On the Ice
Teenes said:
Heh, you have more information than I do about Country on Ice right now. I'm trying to find out any ticket sale and presale information I can right now. Just waiting for someone to return my message...

BTW the Michael Bolton Tribute on Ice presale form - for the most expensive ticket ($95+), it says that a "private viewing of the skaters warming up" is included so I guess it comes with warmup passes...

Having been to a couple of the Tribute shows, I thought some might be interested in knowing what the "private viewing" has been before (of course, don't know for sure what it'll be this time). The "warmup" passes allow you to get in for part of the final warmup group for the show. Two years ago, that included maybe 5-6 skaters (including both Brians -- Boitano and Orser -- which was pretty fun) still on the ice. Last year, it seems to me it was only 4 -- but we got in a bit later last year. They have ushered us in to a specific section of seats and made sure we stayed there (that's fine, of course, just that you may want to get there early so you can be near the first of the "line" to get in, because by the time the last of the group is in and seated, the warmup is about over). Usually, we haven't seen a lot of actual skating -- that is, only a few jumps and such (well, did see Boitano try a few Tano Lutzes the first year, which was cool) -- but it's always fun to see a few of the skaters in a "warmup" mode rather than all spiffed up and ready for performance. They also have one of the skaters in the show come over and talk a bit about the show and answer some questions from the audience -- one year Caryn Kadavy did it, last year Rori Flack Burghart did it -- she was extremely personable and a lot of fun to listen to and ask questions of. But the whole thing lasts maybe 30 minutes, so if you're expecting to sit through the entire pre-show warmup, that hasn't happened in the past. It's been fun, but not as much as perhaps I expected the first time I bought those tickets. I think I figured out it was about $1 per minute for the "pre-show warmup." Maybe that will change a bit this year ...

Teenes

On the Ice
Country on Ice is on sale 9/10, according to the arena, iluvtodd. And he says there will probably be a presale, and that people should sign up for their club or whatever through the arena website to get information on the presale when it comes around.

The Disson Skating website unfortunately has a tendency to be a bit out of date, and currently doesn't have cast or ticket information on it for the shows. Sorry for the self-pimping, but I do get my information from Disson - it's not up-to-the-minute up to date, but I do have cast and as much ticket information as I can find on my page (including links to both ticket sales and arena pages). Though I guess I haven't updated the Country on Ice page yet. Oops:

Zazanuka

Rinkside
Eeyora said:
Shizuka and .....

American people are happy! You have COI, SOI, and many others shows. I live in Europe and I d'not have chances to see Shiz and Evgenie in the same show. I dream to see Sasha, but again i do't have chances.

mememe

On the Ice
Teenes said:
Country on Ice is on sale 9/10, according to the arena, iluvtodd. And he says there will probably be a presale, and that people should sign up for their club or whatever through the arena website to get information on the presale when it comes around.

The Disson Skating website unfortunately has a tendency to be a bit out of date, and currently doesn't have cast or ticket information on it for the shows. Sorry for the self-pimping, but I do get my information from Disson - it's not up-to-the-minute up to date, but I do have cast and as much ticket information as I can find on my page (including links to both ticket sales and arena pages). Though I guess I haven't updated the Country on Ice page yet. Oops:

No need to apologize for hyping your page -- you DO have the most up-to-the-minute information! Thanks so much! Have you heard anything about the Latin on Ice show (tickets, I mean)? I'm interested in that one -- haven't seen Roca & Sur for an age, it seems, and Boitano is always worth it as far as I'm concerned.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Teenes said:

Tina, no need to apologize! The way I see it, you're doing a public service by sharing the information you have received by contacting Disson Skating. Thanks a bunch! :bow: :agree:

Teenes

On the Ice
Thanks, guys =). It just feels weird to be going "look at my site! look! look!"

At any rate, no, no info on Latin on Ice at the moment, mainly because I don't know the contact person at the venue to find out about ticket sales. I'll see what I can find out, though...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eeyora said:
I feel bad for the skaters performing in the Michael Bolton Show.

I love the skating cast for the Michael Bolton show, but I don't care for his singing either. His voice grates on my nerves - too overblown for my taste. Nevertheless, if we lived anywhere near Bridgeport, CT, we would attend this show on the strength of the skating cast.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Well if he sings opera it won't be as bad as "Tell me How am I supposed to Live Without You", "How can we be Lovers if we Can't be Friends" or the worst "Back on My Feet Again"

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eeyora said:
Well if he sings opera it won't be as bad as "Tell me How am I supposed to Live Without You" ... the worst "Back on My Feet Again"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I actually don't mind his singing of "Go the Distance" from "Hercules," but maybe that's more because Paul Wylie :love: :bow: skated so beautifully to it and I happen to like the lyrics of the song.

Dyan

On the Ice
iluvtodd said:
I love the skating cast for the Michael Bolton show, but I don't care for his singing either. His voice grates on my nerves - too overblown for my taste. Nevertheless, if we lived anywhere near Bridgeport, CT, we would attend this show on the strength of the skating cast.

I dunno, for me it's not the Michael Bolton show but rather the Fashion show that sounds as if it could be a little corny. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with fashion in and of itself but to mix it with skating performances? It will be interesting to see what the actual format of the show is and with Peter T and John Zimmerman as two of the "models"....

I might the the only one but I like Michael Bolton's voice when he takes it down a notch or two. I agree that sometimes when he over does it he can get too screechy but other than that IMHO he's actually one of the few artists who can actually carry a tune.

OTOH I am biased as I'm not usually a huge fan of most of the Disson shows to begin with except for Kurt's annual "Gotta Skate." That show is usually well done. I thought last seasons show featuring Andrea Bochelli (sp?) was nice as well.

mememe

On the Ice
Teenes said:
Thanks, guys =). It just feels weird to be going "look at my site! look! look!"

At any rate, no, no info on Latin on Ice at the moment, mainly because I don't know the contact person at the venue to find out about ticket sales. I'll see what I can find out, though...

I just heard that Latin on Ice tickets will be going on sale sometime after Labor Day.