No Father's day forum "Daddy" ? | Golden Skate

No Father's day forum "Daddy" ?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Was surprised that there isn't a forum Dad figure out of the members. What about Mathman?

:scratch: :biggrin:

I thought about this because of Grganny having the Mother image to some around here, and thought today - what about Dad.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I'm sure guilty. I have so many things on my mind it didn't occur to me. I just thought of it about an hour ago and need to get to bed. Sorry,
I do hope all fathers had a great day. :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have a dad, thanks... (totally daddy's girl who's a bit protective of that fact)

I think because of the "Who's your Daddy" stuff, we tend to shy away from it as a daddy means so much more than it should these days....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Very glad you have a wonderful bond with your Father Tonichelle, and hope you had a nice day together yesterday.

I never thought about the innuendo of "Daddy" until I read your post, you are right. That is an interesting point and gives some understanding of why someone might be very reluctant as well in assuming any kind of title such as that - unless of course it is you actual Father. My personal first recollection of the term "who's your Daddy" comes from a Football movie, as in "look at what I did, now you are going to want to grow up and be just like me." To bad it ever took on the negative, but alas it appears so many things get connected to "warped" ideas.

I guess with the events that have been happening in the news lately - women having relationships that are TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE with teenage boys too. It won't be long until Mommy immediately congers the ideas to some.

I hope MM didn't get that impression, or that I made him feel uncomfortable. I just thought of him because he states in his profile that he is in his 60s and seems like a level headed and genuine person. Much like a Father should be. IMO MM if you are a Dad, and any others, I hope you all had a happy Father's day.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
My father will be coming to see me graduate on wednesday, and yes, I call him daddy. I don't give a **** about the conotations that society has put on that word. Some things should be sacred. So I will give him his card when I get to see him and I gave him a call. I have always had an odd relationship with my father because of how far away he has been my whole life. But I'm really excited to see him and the rest of my family.

So in summation, society :disagree:, fathers :thumbsup:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Theatregirl1122 said:
My father will be coming to see me graduate on wednesday, and yes, I call him daddy. I don't give a **** about the conotations that society has put on that word. Some things should be sacred. So I will give him his card when I get to see him and I gave him a call. I have always had an odd relationship with my father because of how far away he has been my whole life. But I'm really excited to see him and the rest of my family.

So in summation, society :disagree:, fathers :thumbsup:

You Rock:rock: LOVE the attitude! I wish everyone DID feel the same. Socity really does suck sometimes:agree:

heyang

Record Breaker
I still refer to my father as 'Daddy' even though he passed away back in 1983. My brother made him a grandfather 6 years ago. Kids grow up faster now - both my nephew (6) and niece (4) call my brother 'Dad' - no more daddy.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
ASAIK Math is the only Dad/Granddad, unless RD and Sean are holding out on us. I don't think Joe has ever mentioned having children, but he and MM are the "father figures" here at GS as the ones who keep us in line and bring the voice of reason. They are both appreciated. We can't forget Idle, and all of he other guys, so..............

A belated Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads, Granddads, uncles, brothers, friends, and all of the guys who make our world a nicer place.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I call my dad "daddy" all the time, but I think on a public forum calling random people daddy could cause a stir, perhaps not everyboard, but it could be looked at as weird.

that being said the "Who's your daddy football movie" IIRC would be Remember the Titans, a Disney-Bruckheimer Production. Starred Denzel Washington. Great film.

and no I didn't spend the day with my dad, unfortunately with gas prices being so high I couldn't go down to Kenai, and he has committments that can't be gotten out of.... besides he was taking people fishing all weekend and I can't afford the fishing license either lol I'll have a belated Daddy's Day over the 4th of July weekend :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That was not the movie I thought of, I can't place it. But White men can't jump predates that movie as well, and I know I was hearing it before that. That was a good movie, I am a huge Disney fan anyhoo!