Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Hybrid View

So You Think You Can Dance

Who's watching?

I loved Heidi (who BTW is a dead ringer for Reece Witherspoon) and her partner Sean's pop dance to "Walk Away". Also Danielle and partner's Cha Cha. As for the judges send Mia home and have Mary every week. She is such a HOOT! I need to get out more because I have never heard of Krumping. Sure have had a lot of fun today asking people if they wanted to krump. I thought it was very cool of Nigel to compliment Danielle on how great she looks even if she isn't a stick. Very timely with the release of Kat's story about her bulimia.

Heidi was better solo, didn't connect with her partner last night. BTW it is Donyelle and she is way hot! - comments via hottest girl thread. Happy with their choice on who stays. Can't believe the choice last week though, but he seemed limited. I think I like the jive / swing styles the best.

Benji is my favorite... he's the one that is the prior swing dance champion of the US... he's an amazing dancer. His cousin on the show is Heidi... love both of them

also like the couple that danced to Travolta last week and did great this week too... I'm still learning names apparently

who got voted off last night? dad was medvac-ed to the hospital up here last night and I missed it (so far so good when it comes to him, I'll be leaving shortly to go bug him)

Joy was pretty much a foregone conclusion to being voted off by the judges & she was. I was surprised, tho, to see that Jason was voted off rather than Ryan. Both were pretty much on a par last night but I tho't Jason was more versatile when comparing past performances.

I was surprised that Jason was voted off. He was great in the contemporary lyrcial week1 and did wonderfully in the hip hop this week. He and Aleksandra were in the bottom 3 because she wasn't great at hip hop. I think he didn't have a great solo and his lack of training meant that they picked him to go instead of Ryan (he was Heidi's partner who wasn't excited to have her as his partner, but he apologized to her because she was the best partner for him during week 1's Viennese Waltz.)

I was slightly surprised that they kept Aleksandra - her solo was very lackluster and her heart just didn't seem to be in it. It did seem like Joy was not upping the ante enough to satisfy the judges.

so, we have a new team of Dymitri and Aleksandra next week.

Benji and Donyelle seem to be the team to beat at this point. I'm curious to see how Benji would be during a lyrical # since it involves being less 'happy' in the facial expressions.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I've only watched a few minutes of the show - all I know is I would not want to be judged by someone who wears a hat so low one can't see his eyes. Who is this wierd dude anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    I've only watched a few minutes of the show - all I know is I would not want to be judged by someone who wears a hat so low one can't see his eyes. Who is this wierd dude anyway?
    Shane [don't know his last name] and I think he's one of the only judges that actually brings some good to the table... he points out where they could have been better. He admittedly doesn't have a lot of knowledge on the more straight backed and "snooty" (my word not his) dances, but he still gives some great comments

I like the show, maybe because I'm stupid when it comes to the art, but I enjoy seeing people try new things... and how is DISCO supposed to be something Musa would shine in? He's a breaker!

My vote is for Benji. I only saw him dance once with his partner , Heidi and it was awesome!!! I think he is one of the best dancers I've seen in a long time. I hope he wins.
    Last edited by Ladskater; 08-16-2006 at 11:35 PM.

benjiWon

Hurrah!!!!!! Congratulations Benji!

it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

much better than the pop/hip-hop/or contemporary (is it just me or do they not point their toes in that genre? LOL)

Benji's not the best looking, but he can preform, he has the stamina, and certainly the ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer...
    Who on this forum said that?

... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

..ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size

Is Celine's show mostly contemporary styles or is that just an impression I get? I just never pictured there being any dancing that is "Benji's forte" in her show. But I have only seen clips, he was able to do fantastic at that style as well IMO so it will be a good thing to have his energy I am sure.

I think his stage presents was more powerful than just "cool" and that is what stood out to me. Projects him self off the stage during a pro, rather then waiting until the end.

But like me, he was quite the "crybaby" too - meant in a nice / jest.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-17-2006 at 11:32 AM.

I'm hardly a teenager but this old woman has been a Benji fan right from the start. So much was made of Travis' technique which was great in everything But ballroom. Kudos to him for mentioning it. Question: Is the spot in Dion's show as a backup dancer or as a featured soloist?

it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

much better than the pop/hip-hop/or contemporary (is it just me or do they not point their toes in that genre? LOL)

Benji's not the best looking, but he can preform, he has the stamina, and certainly the ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size
    Benji is a natural dancer and has lots of rhythm, good timing and great presentation - hey he could figure skate! He also exudes joy when he dances - much like Kurt Browning when he skates. It's a pleasure to watch Benji. I also like his style of dance. I am just not into the punk/hip hop stuff - leaves me cold. I think Benji can do just about anything and yes he will look great on Celine's stage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast