Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by guinevere
    They're not looking for one winner, right? Their looking for one winning pair. With that in mind, all of the eliminations of one woman and one man are fair. If the competition was to be the top single dancer, I would want them to do a final 4 where any of them could get eliminated in any order regardless of gender.

Actually, if it was going to be a single winner, we should have been watching several weeks of solos, with perhaps a few pairs tossed in for variety.

I don't have a problem with it being one man and one woman. And normally I'm the first to advocate for same gender equality!
    Its not a pair but a single winner that gets the 100K and job with Celine D.'s show in Vegas. That's why we are seeing the individual solo's now because its individual voting.

Also it might not be a male/female final as the final 2 will be the top vote getters out of the final grouping. Right?

If it's like last year, there is 1 male finalist and 1 female finalist. Only 1 winner.

I think it should be the top 2 of 4 vote getters that become the finalists - regardless of gender.

Took a while to look through the posts, but I think this is the right page to start with....

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....27282&st=10260

It's post # 10274. You have to select the black bars to read the text in reverse image. It's an excerpt from a Benji Fan Blog

Custom Title
    = be it boy or girl there will be only one winner =

I couldn't believe last night when Allsion was cut = I actually had tears in my eyes= Ryan no surpise there I expected him to go= but Allison and Ivan were great = their numbers were awesome= I thought Donyelle should have gone.

Benji and Heidi look great together (I know they are cousins) I like him alot

the guys= Benji and Ivan ( Ivan as come a long way since the beginning) with Benji winning

the girls= Donyelle and Heidi with Donyelle winning

last dancer standing ???? Benji I hope but Ivan I think may take it all

Heidi, I picked early on and I am still with her for winning. Will she? Who knows?

I also picked Travis early on, and will expect him to really pour it on next time out.

All the dancers are first rate. Sad to see someone as talented as Allyson not make it.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    All the dancers are first rate. Sad to see someone as talented as Allyson not make it.

Joe
    I agree with Joe and some of CB1AB2 - I did gett a little teary, well I did last week to. I think it is going to get worse in the emotion department as it goes along. I think Allison should have been in the last 3 at least - not a huge diff but I knew it would happen eventually . All 4 of the girls were so talented, it is all pop contest now though. Dancers have proven their worth and now it is who the voters like the best I guess.

In some ways I think and hope to see a few of these come back next time. And I am now missing Dimtry now that he was letting his charm show more. I bet him and Allison will be back better than ever!

Sticking with the "NostroBu" on Donyelle and Benji.

once they are the top 24, they don't get to come back... unless the rules have changed...

SYTYCD follows American Idol's format pretty closely

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    once they are the top 24, they don't get to come back... unless the rules have changed...
    Oh thanks for that info. I guess that was "ThinkiBu" again. I was assuming (yah I know) that there were ones in the try outs that were in the show the first season, but that must have been they just made it to Vegas and then were sent home. Well that is to bad cause I really liked Alison and wand to see more of DeeTree - once his personality started coming out he was much more likable. Anyhoo thanks again Tonichelle

no problem... it can be confusing... I'm learning as I go as I didn't really watch the show last season

I was speechless when they announced that Allison was eliminated. I really thought Natalie would go. The top 4 ladies are all fabulous and it's personality that will get her to the finals. Heidi, Donyelle and Allison seemed to have larger fan bases than Natalie. Even without next week's show, I'm going to guess that Natalie will likely be the one eliminated because she's been in the bottom for at least the last 3 weeks.

As for the guys, I'm think Benji will end up in the finals. He might lack some of Travis's technique, but he makes up for it with personality. With the exception of last week's hip hop routine, he's pretty much been praised consistently by the judges and the audience responds wildly just to his name. I know he's got my votes.

Anyone else getting tickets for the tour? I have 3 options - Newark on a Tuesday, NYC on a Wednesday or Philly on a Friday. I think Newark's the best choice based upon convenience and increased chance of getting a good seat. Tickets go on sale Aug 12th.

As far as partnerings for next week:
    Benji is the only guy who has danced already with all 3 ladies. His weakest pairing would be with Natalie because he's only partnered with her for a week as compared to the other ladies.
    Travis has not danced with Natalie,yet - he's danced one week each with Heidi and Natalie.
    Ivan hasn't danced with any of the remaining ladies. He's only danced with Allyson and Martha. He really only had chemistry with Allison due to the longevity of their partnership.

I'm an Italian Bambina icy fresh's Avatar
    I know that Dmitry was voted off last week, but I can't help saying that he is very enticing and quite seductive.

I doubt highly that they're coming to Alaska... so I won't be going to the tour...

though it might be interesting I'm not sure if I would actually enjoy it lol... but it would be neat just to see Benji and Heidi dance together... I think they're fab!

Custom Title
    did anyone get the web address that Nigel said with infomation about the tour

I got it off their home site.

http://www.fox.com/dance/showinfo/tour.htm

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast