Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Custom Title
    thanks SeaniBu for the info =I'm glad they are coming to Boston Ma. so I know I'll be going

does anyone know a website address for Benji's charity D.E.M.A.N.D.?

Dancers Everywhere Making A Noticeable Difference for Orphans in southern Mexico.

Heidi for the win next week.

Travis v. Benji next week.

Joe

I agree with Joe's prediction. Hiedi's performance last night was exquisite - best solo so far of any IMO. She was one of the better to start but has now clearly taken the top female dancer for the past two weeks. She is always alive. Donyelle is running out of steam and connection to the audience, I anticipated the opposite to happen with her on the show.

I think I like Benji better but the skill is impossible for me to pick between him and Travis. I kind of get the impression Benji might win this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Travis v. Benji next week.
    Unless Ivan defies all odds and does not get eliminated today. Which is possible. And there is only one winner so by your prediction it would be Heidi v. Benji v. Travis for the win.

I really do think that Donyelle deserves to go. She was great when she was with Benji at the begining, but she hasn't had a truly stand out performance since then. I thought she deserved to go home before Allison. I thought Allison should have been in the top four. But what do I know.

I'm still a Benjie fan but I wouldn't be unhappy if either Heidi or Travis win. My only objection to Travis is that style-wise he is very similar to last year's winner, Nick Lazzarini, altho he doesn't have the big stage personality that Nick had. Hmm, could be a Benjie-Heidi final. They are both great dancers, very versatile with great stage presence. Toss-up!

I believe another poster correctly corrected me a few weeks ago. It is a final 4 - NOT a final 2. The reason I thought it was a final 2 is because it got down to 2 girls and 2 boys. When they did the reveal during the finals, they eliminated 1 girl Ashlee and then one boy Jamile. Which is why I mistakenly thought there was a final 2 of Nick and Melody. Nick won, of course. The results of the voting happened to be Nick, Melody, Jamile and Ashlee from top to bottom.

So, tonight we get our final 4. Next week, there is a top 4 show, but no elimination show. TiVo lists as 'Final 4 Part 1'.

Good riddance to Ivan.

No really surprise tonight, just that Benji wasn't the top receiver of votes. Doneyelle brought it back on and Nat took it more gracefully than expected. I think she did also expect it, but still held her head high, to be admired - what a beautiful person! Don't think Hiedi's solo was as good as the night before, like she went back to the same. But she is more charming and confident than before - well of course.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-03-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Custom Title
    I was all for Donyelle in the beginning = but = I thought she should have gone before Allison ( who should be in the top 4) = I still like Bengi = I'm not making any predictions as to who is going to win = my track record isn't that good = whoever wins I still will be going to see all of them in the tour

I was very surprised to see Benji in the bottom two and I convinced myself he was going home because of it lol... I'm a dork

I absolutely love it when he gets to do what he does best... I could watch him do swing all day long, he is so at ease with it... and I LOVE that style of Dance *gush*

I want to see Heidi and Benji dance together again, but I'm not sure how next week works? Anyone have a run down?

When Cat announced that Heidi and Travis were safe, she also stated that it did NOT mean that they were the top vote getters.

I'm sure they staged it for maximum drama. I know I as muttering 'please, please, please don't eliminate Benji' and that was mostly because of how shocked I was that Allyson was eliminated.

I think (speculating) that they'll each have to partner dance twice, but perhaps change partners for each dance and then probably do a solo. I think that would be much fairer. For challenge purposes, I would not want to see Benji & Heidi swing/latin dance together and I would not want Heidi & Travis to do contemporary together. Both of these would be a strong disadvantage for the opposing team. I think they should skip Broadway style for the finals because all 4 dancers have already done well with it. I really want to see each of them challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    I think they should skip Broadway style for the finals because all 4 dancers have already done well with it. I really want to see each of them challenged.
    Let's get them challenged with that old Quickstep. Not an easy dance! Gotta move fast and skim the floor yet have a bouncy body and look elegant, and the break is not easy. How many couples have been able to do it?

Joe

Shaking your booty

I was talking to my daughter and I asked her if she knew if shaking your booty was hard to do. She didn't know but told me I had better have a good answer for when the EMS crew came.

Hip hop is a very high energy dance so while they may not be doing a quickstep, that doesn't make it less difficult... unfortunately it gets a lot of flack from dance enthusiasts who are too traditional to let hip hop in lol I had a long discussion with my aunts friend over it. Apparently youth isn't popular with her and she basically called me ignorant for liking it. I like the high energy stuff...

she also thought that pointing the toe was over rated, so what does she know lol

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast