Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

I saw Brian Friedman on Reality Chat a couple of nights ago & when he was asked about the future of the 4 remaining dancers, he said he would hire Travis in a heartbeat. That he would have no problem placing him. In what? I don't know that much about the pro dance world. Someone mentioned Benji getting work in Broadway shows, not sure if it was Brian or Kim Caldwell or the other girl as they were talking over each other at that point. Me? I'm a Benji fan but I don't vote.

Travis could be in any show any where, from broadway to a principal dancer on a singer/band tour... which is basically what this show is trying to do this season

It's a

TWO HOUR show tommorrow - starts at 8PM eastern time

I think the 3 of them would have no problem getting into the chorus of a B'dway show. I have no idea if they would have the talent for a singing or an acting part. I think Heidi would work well as an apprentice and then rise to star after a few years in a Ballet company.

I hate picking out the 'best' in anything and these three are no exception. I will leave it to the teenagers of America.

Joe

And the teenagers have spoken. As predicted - no surprise.

Joe

I was surprised, I think Teenagers would like the more fashionably cool attitude of Travis - also the girls screams in the audience were always louder for him. I think it does make one factor a little more evident, technique is not everything, how powerful a "active face" can make a difference.

Yet I think Travis would be better with Ciline's show....

Way to go Benji (from a 37 year old) his classic performer/dancer package beat the technique and "vogue" style.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-17-2006 at 11:31 AM.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    My vote is for Benji. I only saw him dance once with his partner , Heidi and it was awesome!!! I think he is one of the best dancers I've seen in a long time. I hope he wins.
    Last edited by Ladskater; 08-16-2006 at 11:35 PM.

benjiWon

Hurrah!!!!!! Congratulations Benji!

it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

much better than the pop/hip-hop/or contemporary (is it just me or do they not point their toes in that genre? LOL)

Benji's not the best looking, but he can preform, he has the stamina, and certainly the ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer...
    Who on this forum said that?

... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

..ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size

Is Celine's show mostly contemporary styles or is that just an impression I get? I just never pictured there being any dancing that is "Benji's forte" in her show. But I have only seen clips, he was able to do fantastic at that style as well IMO so it will be a good thing to have his energy I am sure.

I think his stage presents was more powerful than just "cool" and that is what stood out to me. Projects him self off the stage during a pro, rather then waiting until the end.

But like me, he was quite the "crybaby" too - meant in a nice / jest.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-17-2006 at 11:32 AM.

I'm hardly a teenager but this old woman has been a Benji fan right from the start. So much was made of Travis' technique which was great in everything But ballroom. Kudos to him for mentioning it. Question: Is the spot in Dion's show as a backup dancer or as a featured soloist?

When skating shows began to falter, many of the skating chorus flocked to Las Vegas and many got into the shows there as part of the show.

it amazes me that Benji, a national and world champion in his field is thought of as less than a great dancer... overall yeah, he maybe can't do it all... but I highly prefer his style of dance to that of the contemporary... I guess I'm just in love with the uncultured swing lol

much better than the pop/hip-hop/or contemporary (is it just me or do they not point their toes in that genre? LOL)

Benji's not the best looking, but he can preform, he has the stamina, and certainly the ENERGY to carry on in a show of Celine's size
    Benji is a natural dancer and has lots of rhythm, good timing and great presentation - hey he could figure skate! He also exudes joy when he dances - much like Kurt Browning when he skates. It's a pleasure to watch Benji. I also like his style of dance. I am just not into the punk/hip hop stuff - leaves me cold. I think Benji can do just about anything and yes he will look great on Celine's stage.

I think it would be really neat to see him in Vegas except I would have to listen to Celine!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast