UD's Meissner boosts Cool Kids Campaign | Golden Skate

UD's Meissner boosts Cool Kids Campaign

R.D.

Record Breaker
FYI

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2006/jun/meissner062206.html

World champion Kimmie Meissner of the University of Delaware Figure Skating Club has announced that she will serve as the official ambassador for the Cool Kids Campaign sponsored by the Belanger-Federico-Pitterich Foundation to raise money to support pediatric oncology patients at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and the University of Maryland Medical Center.

[snip]

"I am honored to be part of such a worthy foundation, particularly the Cool Kids Campaign, and feel that it will be a positive outlet for the kids at Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland hospitals as they cope with the difficulties of a cancer diagnosis,” Meissner said. “I hope to bring smiles to their faces and to provide activities and events that they can enjoy with their friends and family.”

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:clap: I don't know what I'll do with another bracelet, but I am sure I will get at least one.

MKFSfan

Medalist
What a great cause for her to pick up! I love reading what an athlete decides to particpiate on-definately raises awareness, as I never heard of "Cool Kids Campaign" before.

gio

Medalist
I love to hear this. She has a big heart. Well done. :clap:

Last edited: