ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2006-2007 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2006-2007

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
CAN'T WAIT to see junior entries

I think the federations had to send entries by 15th june, and as ISU congress stardet today in Budapest, we should know soon

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eeyora said:
I wonder if Slutskaya's name will be on the list.

Probably not. She did not compete at Worlds and has given no indication she wanted to compete at all this coming season.

About Sasha, actually, I think Skate America can stand on its own without a huge headliner. The lead skaters last year were Elena Sokolova and Alissa Czisny -- not exactly household names in America. Bebe Liang and Emily Hughes also had enthusiastic support from the audience, among the ladies.

R.D.

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
Probably not. She did not compete at Worlds and has given no indication she wanted to compete at all this coming season.

she was leaning towards "taking a year off". I think this really means she'll retire. I don't really seeing her making a comeback at 30, but hey, if she was able to come back after her illness, I guess anything is possible...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gossip is that Katy Taylor and Emily Hughes will both be at Skate America.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
About Sasha, actually, I think Skate America can stand on its own without a huge headliner. The lead skaters last year were Elena Sokolova and Alissa Czisny -- not exactly household names in America.
Except tickets were sold with Kwan and Cohen on the roster.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I am so excited -- Skate Canada is in Victoria this year, a mere hydrofoil away from Seattle, and the selected skaters include many on my wish list:

Rochette, Poykio, Kim, Karademir, Hegel, Virtue/Moir, Romanovskaya/Grachev, Navarro/Bommentre, Yu/Wang, Dube/Davison, Putnam/Wirtz, Pylkina/Hogner, Volosozhar/Morozov, Dinev, Buttle, Craig, Verner, Lindemann, Smalun, Takahashi, Lambiel, and Weir :rock:

Plus some kids I've never seen: Moyle/Seitz, Vise/Trent, Simakova/Tokarev, Mikhailova/Sergeev, Platonova/Maksimishin, Davis/White, Xu

Last edited:

Eeyora

Final Flight
WOW Skate America has the big three Mao, Katy and Kimmie. Yu Na gets Canada and France.

Weird not seeing Sasha, Michelle and Irina's names.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I am surprised to see Belbin/Agosto listed for China and Russia not Skate America. Gives them a few weeks longer to put things together.

To be honest, I do not miss Kwan, Cohen from the lists.

Nice to see Bebe with 2 spots. I'll be more interested in the US skaters this GP series. All the venues have interesting competitors. Should be a good series.

Two questions right now. I'm sure I'll have more once I wake up:

1. I presume the two listings of Mao in SA is a typo. Who should one of them be?

2. Call me stupid but I'll learn from it. Griazev's one GP is host country. Why did he get another GP?

Joe

There are two Asadas, Joe, Mao and her older sister Mai. (Why do they make the print so small on these pdf files, LOL.)

Skate America rocks! Kiira Korpi and Sarah Meier! Who could ask for anything more.

So Kimmie will go against Mao at Skate America and against Yu-na Kim in France.

Bebe and Katy both got two events, along with Emily.

Last edited:
hockeyfan228 said:
Plus some kids I've never seen: Moyle/Seitz, Vise/Trent, Simakova/Tokarev, Mikhailova/Sergeev, Platonova/Maksimishin, Davis/White, Xu
Davis and White rule!

But where are Karam and McGrath? How did Lefebre & Markov, Girard & Yaeger, Senft & Gislason and Hann-McCurdy & Coreno all get ahead of them?

Go Watanabe and Kido!