Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2006-2007

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228
    Technically, if she can do a 2A, steps to a 3T, and a simple combo in the SP, and an axel-type jump in her COI exhitibion program (extended to meet the time requirements), she could bypass US Nats qualifications by skating in the GP that conflicts with her regionals.
    If I weren't hurting so bad for MK, that would be a pretty hilarious scenario.

I will score her Skate America LP:

1A -- 0.8 GOE -2.00 Total 0.4
    Next 6 jumping passes -- 0.0
    Sp1 -- 1.2
    FSp1 -- 1.7
    CSp1 -- 1.3
    CoSp1 -- 2.0
    SlSt1 -- 2.0
    SpSt2 -- 3.1

TES -- 11.7
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-24-2006 at 05:39 PM.

It seems to me that the U.S. has quite a few unseeded skaters that would be popular choices here but might not be in demand somewhere else. Skaters like Bebe Liang, Alissa Czisny, Katy Taylor and Christine Zukowski (assuming she's moving up to seniors this year) might go "undrafted" and USFS could add them to the roster as extras. Is that right?

If the US gets a high draft pick, they should go for Kimmie and Yu-na Kim.

Custom Title
    Emily Hughes is guaranteed two GP events, based on a top 12 World finish, so don't expect to see her at SA. I'd bet on the US picking Katy Taylor. She is guaranteed just one GP event (due to her 4CC gold medal), so if the US gives her one event, she'd wind up with two.

I think Christine Zukowski will do one more year on the JGP circuit before going up to Seniors, based on her 10th place at 4CC.

So if the US picks Kimmie and Katy, who else will go to SA? Maybe BeBe Liang, who is #18 on the Seasonal Best list; she medaled at 4CC, and may get a second event this season.

The big question remains: will the USFS pick Sasha?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    The big question remains: will the USFS pick Sasha?
    It sems like there must be some sort of protocol to follow here. Sasha is our "leading lady," as Michelle has been in previous years. I think just out of courtesy they would at least ask her. Then if she said no by Monday, they could go with plan B.

If she said she was undecided, then that would give them an out. They could say that they had no choice but to assume she's not going, and go in a different direction.

This is a big burden to put on Kimmie, if she turns out to be the star feature of Skate America. USFS will be cranking up the hype machine for sure.

Custom Title
    The selections have already been made. The ISU will release them Monday.

Custom Title
    I wonder if Slutskaya's name will be on the list.

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    CAN'T WAIT to see junior entries

I think the federations had to send entries by 15th june, and as ISU congress stardet today in Budapest, we should know soon
    Last edited by anything_for_skating; 06-25-2006 at 03:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    I wonder if Slutskaya's name will be on the list.
    Probably not. She did not compete at Worlds and has given no indication she wanted to compete at all this coming season.

6 hours from NYC to Lausanne. I should get the info about 6am tomorrow.

Joe

About Sasha, actually, I think Skate America can stand on its own without a huge headliner. The lead skaters last year were Elena Sokolova and Alissa Czisny -- not exactly household names in America. Bebe Liang and Emily Hughes also had enthusiastic support from the audience, among the ladies.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Probably not. She did not compete at Worlds and has given no indication she wanted to compete at all this coming season.
    she was leaning towards "taking a year off". I think this really means she'll retire. I don't really seeing her making a comeback at 30, but hey, if she was able to come back after her illness, I guess anything is possible...

Custom Title
    Gossip is that Katy Taylor and Emily Hughes will both be at Skate America.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    About Sasha, actually, I think Skate America can stand on its own without a huge headliner. The lead skaters last year were Elena Sokolova and Alissa Czisny -- not exactly household names in America.
    Except tickets were sold with Kwan and Cohen on the roster.

Go NJ Devils
    I am so excited -- Skate Canada is in Victoria this year, a mere hydrofoil away from Seattle, and the selected skaters include many on my wish list:

Rochette, Poykio, Kim, Karademir, Hegel, Virtue/Moir, Romanovskaya/Grachev, Navarro/Bommentre, Yu/Wang, Dube/Davison, Putnam/Wirtz, Pylkina/Hogner, Volosozhar/Morozov, Dinev, Buttle, Craig, Verner, Lindemann, Smalun, Takahashi, Lambiel, and Weir

Plus some kids I've never seen: Moyle/Seitz, Vise/Trent, Simakova/Tokarev, Mikhailova/Sergeev, Platonova/Maksimishin, Davis/White, Xu
    Last edited by hockeyfan228; 06-26-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast