Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2006-2007

Custom Title
    WOW Skate America has the big three Mao, Katy and Kimmie. Yu Na gets Canada and France.

Weird not seeing Sasha, Michelle and Irina's names.

Custom Title
    I am surprised to see Belbin/Agosto listed for China and Russia not Skate America. Gives them a few weeks longer to put things together.

Custom Title
    LOL that the Lysaceck/Oda rivalry will face each other at Skate America.

To be honest, I do not miss Kwan, Cohen from the lists.

Nice to see Bebe with 2 spots. I'll be more interested in the US skaters this GP series. All the venues have interesting competitors. Should be a good series.

Two questions right now. I'm sure I'll have more once I wake up:

1. I presume the two listings of Mao in SA is a typo. Who should one of them be?

2. Call me stupid but I'll learn from it. Griazev's one GP is host country. Why did he get another GP?

Joe

There are two Asadas, Joe, Mao and her older sister Mai. (Why do they make the print so small on these pdf files, LOL.)

Skate America rocks! Kiira Korpi and Sarah Meier! Who could ask for anything more.

So Kimmie will go against Mao at Skate America and against Yu-na Kim in France.

Bebe and Katy both got two events, along with Emily.
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-26-2006 at 05:55 PM.

On the Ice
    I only see one Mao Asada in Skate America.
    Were you think of Mai and Mao Asada?

On the Ice
    Also, I'm so excited for Alissa Czisny!!!
    She has Cup of Russia and Skate Canada!

Also Christine Zukowski has two! USFS is definitely going with the youth movement.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228

Plus some kids I've never seen: Moyle/Seitz, Vise/Trent, Simakova/Tokarev, Mikhailova/Sergeev, Platonova/Maksimishin, Davis/White, Xu
    Davis and White rule!

But where are Karam and McGrath? How did Lefebre & Markov, Girard & Yaeger, Senft & Gislason and Hann-McCurdy & Coreno all get ahead of them?

Go Watanabe and Kido!

Did Ryan Jahnke retire?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Did Ryan Jahnke retire?
    Not officially, but he won't be competing this season and is retaining his eligibility. You can read his latest, amusing journal entry at:
    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/r...thought14.html

Custom Title
    First-time skaters/teams on the GP include:

Katy Taylor USA, Christine Zukowski USA, Yu-Na Kim KOR, Elene Gedevanishvili GEO, Aki Sawada JPN, Binshu Xu CHN, Meagan Duhamel CAN, Mai Asada JPN, Amanda Nylander SWE, Chae-Hwa Kim KOR, Arina Martinova RUS, Kiira Korpi FIN, Tugba Karademir TUR;

Geoff Varner USA, Takahiko Kozuka JPN, Sergei Voronov RUS, Patrick Chan CAN, Alexander Uspenski RUS, Peter Liebers GER, Ryo Shibata JPN (Ryan Bradley subbed at 2002 Skate Canada as his only GP);

Vlassov & Meekins USA, Moyle & Seitz USA, T. Vise & Trent USA, Nam & Leftheris USA (their first international as a team), Adeline Canac/Maxime Coia and Rinata Araslanova/Jerome Blanchard (new teams from FRA), Piatkowska/Khromin POL, Efaieva/Menshikov RUS, Li/Xu CHN ;

Davis/White USA, Pratt/Gilles USA, Navarro/Bommentre USA, Virtue/Moir CAN, Mikhailova/Sergeev RUS, Cappellini/LaNotte ITA, Gorshkova/Tkachenko RUS, Platonova/Maksimishin RUS, Hann-Curdy/Coreno CAN.

Others I've missed?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-26-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    There are two Asadas, Joe, Mao and her older sister Mai. (Why do they make the print so small on these pdf files, LOL.)

Bebe and Katy both got two events, along with Emily.
    Thanks MM. I forgot about the sisters! I was up too early to see all this.

I'm not surprised about Katy (4cc Champ) and Emily (top ten worlds) to get two GP places, but Bebe never seemed to be a favorite at the USFS camp. Things should rock in Hartford this Fall.

In addition to the obvious, I'll be checking out improvements with Korpi and Meier.

It should be a nice colorful drive up through New England that time of the year.

Joe

I'm still confused about assignments. I understand when 2 assignments are given out except for some names. Just a for instance: Voronov has 2 assignments and neither is in the host country venue. What did he do in last year other than do fairly well in juniors?

Joe

My Skate America predictions: Van der Perrin, Ando, Nam/Leftheris, Matthews/Zavosin.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast