Hell's Kitchen | Golden Skate

Hell's Kitchen

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Just courious what anyone might think of this show.

I don't think it is that great but the chef reminds me of the one I had in Estes Park - accept he was 5'2" and looked and sounded just like Yosemite Sam , No joke! Easily as mean but harder to hear:laugh: I guess that is why my next step was to go to collage and get into "Visual communications"

Anyhoo, what does anyone think of this show?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my best friend is a chef, and she's scared to death of that show lol I want her to go on it, but she says she'd never be able to handle that kind of treatment... and I guess she's right... she's such a want to please type that she'd have a hard time taking his crap lol

I don't normally watch it, it comes on when other shows I enjoy are on

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Just this week I was flipping through channels and saw about 5 minute of that show. Thought it was disgusting that the show was pushing the idea that rude uncontrolled behavior is acceptable.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Just this week I was flipping through channels and saw about 5 minute of that show. Thought it was disgusting that the show was pushing the idea that rude uncontrolled behavior is acceptable.

The worst thing about it is that is common place in the high brow Kitchens. The fact that is realistic is either that it shouldn't be aired or it would just be phony. I agree that it does promote that. It is probably something TV could just do without.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
The worst thing about it is that is common place in the high brow Kitchens. The fact that is realistic is either that it shouldn't be aired or it would just be phony.
I see your point. However, with all the cameras there I do not believe for a second that the chef is truly honestly having a meltdown and not just playing for the cameras.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That could be a possibility for him in particular, but that is nothing different than I experienced in my chefing days. It also might be a possibility that he gets even more aggravated due to the cameras. But I see your point. Chefs in France acutely can get off with a 1 year or less sentience when killing their Sous Chef on temporary insanity. Not all the time but common.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I presume that the program in the US is the same as the UK version which i think is just disgusting behaviour. I truly believe that the chef on the UK program (the original one was Gordon Ramsey) deserves to have his businesses go belly up and be left in the gutter with nothing but his reppellent aggressive personality to keep him warm at night. I have never wanted someone to get hit over the head with a saucepan as much as that vile excuse for a human being. I can only hope that he has the opportunity to meet someone as disgustingly aggressive as himself and actually have some self realisations. Sadly i think he knows too well what he is like and just trades off it for TV now...even more reason to hope something truly terrible happens to him!

Ant

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
Sadly, there are many bosses (and chefs) who act like this in real life. They can get by with it because they are the boss.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I can't figure out why some of these contestants are on the show, competing to be the head chef in a new Las Vegas restaurant? IIRC, one was a deli manager & another a fast order cook? One of them couldn't even keep a pilot light lit! No wonder the Chef screams. I keep thinking, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" I'm pulling for Heather or Keith.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
antmanb said:
I can only hope that he has the opportunity to meet someone as disgustingly aggressive as himself and actually have some self realisations.
Most likely, this is how he was treated when he himself was a sous chef...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I totally agree with merrywidow, where is the talent that allows them to be on the show in the first place? That one guy - Tom I think- sweating into the pot!!!!!! EEGAD. I would have yelled at the moron too. There was some one who broke a bottle on purpose, we shut everything down when glass got broken in the kitchen. You don't break glass in the kitchen idiot! Take it outside or push the cork in. He'd be fired for that crap in my kitchens.

I liked Heather too, she took it well but could have been a little more "feisty" in defending herself with Sara I hope there is some kind of disclosure of Sara lying. I don't even think that she did that intentionally but lied about doing it on purpose, then truns around and lies about lying. Talk about turn-over.:laugh: There is no room for that kind of behavior when you are 'spose to be feeding people. It is not a game but who would be most suited as a head chef. Down with Sara!

Although it bugs me how belligerent Gordon is (it is honest I believe and have experienced first hand) I like the fact this is not a "call and vote for your favorite show." Allows for SOME credibility. But how lacking in knowledge they were to start. Who was the one who took a half-n-hour to make a salad with no cooked ingredients? That was pathetic!

Last edited: