(VIDEO)Sonia Henie Queen of the Ice | Golden Skate

(VIDEO)Sonia Henie Queen of the Ice

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks Dee, I am downloading now hoping I haven't seen it. But I don't care if I have or not because I have nothing on file of her and it will be nice to. Thanks again...I am so excited!!!!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
AHHHH! I want the rest, bated! I have never seen that doc. I am waiting, hoping and loving what you just put out. That was awesome!!!
Thank you:bow:

BTW, what is with this Microsoft loving?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Sean, I will put more on in the next couple of days. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was quite interesting. The film has:

The early years
Her professional life
Her marriages
Her later years
and.......the end

As I said the file is large and I didn't want to put the whole thing on it would have take hours to download.

If our members like it I am more than willing to put more of the documentary on but if they don't then I won't.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
If our members like it I am more than willing to put more of the documentary on but if they don't then I won't.

Dee

Hours, Moley! I am a member, what can I do to ensure? I give great foot messages :biggrin: :laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I would love to see this! I will check with my husband before downloading. I already caused a major glitch with our new computer not too long ago. I don't want to be in the dog house again!!!!

:laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SeaniBu said:
Hours, Moley! I am a member, what can I do to ensure? I give great foot messages :biggrin: :laugh:
Ooooooh Sean, I just might take you up on that one. I am easily bribed. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

childfreegirl

Final Flight
More :bow: for you, oh great one.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I'd love to see the rest of this. You must be a genius to be able to do such great work to make this available to us, your adoring fans. Well, I adore you. :love: :love: I don't know about the rest of 'em.

So will the flattery get me anywhere?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
childfreegirl said:
So will the flattery get me anywhere?
Childfreegirl, you bet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:

I willl try and get another segment up as early as I can. I think the documentary is well done and it brings forth the the old adage............you can have all the money in the world but it can't buy you happiness.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
...........you can have all the money in the world but it can't buy you happiness.

Dee

What a great teaser of things to come. I am dieing to see more. You wonderful person you- as I mentaly message your feet through cyberspace, rub rub rubbbbbb.:biggrin:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, love the foot rub.:love: :love: Part 2 is up now. I will post the parts in the first post.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
OK, how far is Omaha from Boulder:laugh: You are wonderful! But you might have heard that at least a few times already.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Fawning over you, how wonderful. I had seen some of the clips - in the movies I have rented - but this is marvelous. I am so falling for the idea, that this never would have become without her. MAYBE - MAYBE someone else could have come along, but the irrelevance of that is incomprehensible. This woman was a wondrous lady. I must have more. I realize this maybe getting her a little exaggerated as documentaries often do. But really she is a jewel to be cherished for what DID happen because of her. Thank you again DEE. I cherish this. Please give me more - yes on knees!

How far is Omaha?:love: :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SeaniBu said:
How far is Omaha?:love: :laugh:
Actually I would consider us neighbors. I think we are over 500 miles apart. It's just a hop skip and jump. :laugh: :laugh:

Sean, I am so glad you are enjoying the documentary. I will try and get more up on the weekend.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just posted the last chapter in the documentary. For some reason the thought goes through my mind that history repeats itself.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe, I just downloaded the first and last video and they work for me. I know that with Yousendit they only keep the videos up for about a week and I thought that was the problem but as I said I downloaded the first and last one. I'm not sure what's wrong. Have you downloaded other videos off the internet?? Did you have any problems??

Dee

Dee - I did download it finally. No problem.

Sonia was One In A Million. There will never be a more popular figure skater than she, and she was at one time the richest woman in the world.

However, skaters at the time, I believed preferred Belita in the movies, but would never miss one of her Ice Revues.

Her partner, Michael Kirby also wrote a book the Hollywood Ice Revue.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That's 5 "thank you"s DEE. I really loved them. I am so amazed how elaborate the "stages" would be every time I see them.

The most interesting thing for me was the fact she insisted on a movie being ALL about FS. That really marks her up in my book. It also says allot about what happens to people when they grow up so vicariously for the parents. No matter what she had she seemed to die with out the one thig she wanted. And what a strage thing in this day and age to desire. Well maybe not, I wouldn't mind being "owned" by a couple of skaters out there:laugh:

Anyhoo, thanks again and extras thanks for making them :agree: to watch anytime by giving the option to download.

They don't make movies like Sonia's anymore. But in fairness, neither do they make Williams' swim moves anymore and come to think of it, they just don't make anymore June Alyshun movies either. The spelling of her last name was to show that the editor had to take out all the 's's in her films.

Joe