Health Problems - Very Sick | Golden Skate

Health Problems - Very Sick

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have been off work now for three weeks with a terrible low back problem and now have a couple more health issues: Acid Reflux and quite likely a uninary tract infection. I am so sick.

Anyone here ever had either of these afflictions? Let me know.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yikes Lad when it rains it pours! I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Have had all three at one time or another but never all three at once ((((Lad)))). Is the back pain due to the UTI? You have seen a doctor? With back pain the usual is bed rest, heat, muscle relaxers, and physical therapy if the cause is muscle. If there is disk or nerve damage then more aggresive treatment is sometimes needed. For the UTI plenty of fluids and antibiotics. The acid reflux can be treated with meds and staying upright for a while after eating. Will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Thanks!!!!!!Yes, I paged my dr. tonight and he phoned in a prescription for me for the bladder infection. I am on medication for the acid reflex. I feel like I am fading away bit by bit. I went to emergency three times before finding out what is wrong with me!!! It's like being in a nightmare.

Thanks so much for your concern and good wishes.

:bow:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Glad to hear that you have been in contact with your doc. We may not be able to cure you but we are excellent at commiserating, LOL. Keep us posted on how you are doing Lad.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I want you to know that I definitely care about your heath regardless of whether I know you or not. I put a post up but by the time I had submitted it you had responded and it made my post irrelevant. I am so glad you are seeing a Dr. One thing I would like to point out is that I had the worst acid reflux until I quit my stressful job. I hope you feel better and that the DR gets your situation at hand in control. As far as the urinary, I always feel better in that area the more melons and bananas I eat.

Anyway I hope you fell and are better soon!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear that you checked it all out with the doctor, Ladskater. I hope the meds work for you and that you get through this OK. Keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi Lad, sorry to hear that you're having ailments. I live with back problems and take a prescription for it which helps a lot. Thankfully, I have not had a UI for many, many years but I know how painful they can be. I had acid reflux so bad that I was losing my voice. The doctor said the acid had burned my vocal cords. I am sure there is a different way of saying that but he knew I would understand what he meant and how serious it could be. It also gave me a lot of neck pain. I was totally unaware that that was happening. During the test, the doctor asked me to watch as I drank the awful stuff and a few minutes later watching it come back up in my throat. The doctor asked me if I could feel that and I couldn't ......strange. Anyhow, I was treated with meds. What a relief. Every now and then my dentist will tell me that I have acid and I start on some meds. It really hasn't give me the problems like I had originally.

Take care Lad and let us know if you're feeling better. We want to know any information about how you feel.

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Oh you poor thing!!! I've had two but NEVER at the same time... If you are into home remedies ~ go to a health food store & buy pure cranberry juice ~ not cocktail. This is the best "organic" method for the UTI... also, be careful with the pain killers for your back ~ they can be murder on the kidneys which will only make the UTI worse. Lots of water & lots of rest...

I hope you feel better & please keep us posted!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Wow, I sure am feeling for you. I've been laid up too. Severe pain in my foot, spine and now my neck. Sure will have you in my prayers.

heyang

Record Breaker
I've heard that drinking cranberry juice helps clear a urinary tract infection.

I've also had back problems in the past. The only thing to do is to take it easy. Sitting for long periods was the most painful for me. I lived with the dull pain for weeks until I was in agony after a swing dance mishap. The doctor gave me prescription strength naproxen (aka Aleve). The next AM I woke feeling totally refreshed.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My Mom pounds Cranberry juice and alive and gets a sour stomach all time. When she stops the stomach ache goes away and the pain comes back. cranberry does help urinary track infections, melons have a fiber that can work in the system that will help promote the health. Anyway I really hope you are going to get better soon.

Lanie

On the Ice
I've had a UTI before - I got put on antibiotics and it went away. Drink a ton of water and lots of juice (cranberry specifically I think), I found that helps flush out the infection.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Wow!!!!! I have been so down today about everything - reading all your posts has definitely cheered me up!!! Thank goodness for Golden Skate! It's nice to know so many people care - even if we have never met, but hey we are figure skating fans and part of that happy family.

Thanks again folks - I will let you know how I make out tomorrow at the dr.

:clap:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-
I have had problems with UTI's for a long time. I drink a glass of pure cranberry juice in the morning everyday. I also take "CranActin"(twice a day) and D-Mannose with CranActin once a day at night. This seems to work for me in preventing a UTI.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
glass of pure cranberry

Wow! Pure is wow potent! I fully believe that would help considerably - except with acid reflux.

I put the word alive in the pace of the product Aleve, please note.

Yes lad it is strange how the world can come together over something like this, who ever you are and what ever you have done I think the friends and not so SEEMING of friends will rally for you well being. The most important thing I can say is that a DR. is very important and await their diagnoses.

And dlkksk8fan, that is good to mention D-Mannose. Simple sugars are often overlooked as a heath benefit. The problem with the DR.s are they were taught by the schools formed by the pharmaceuticals, the answer was there before we put it in a jar and synthesized it, is a good thing to point out. Any kind of infection should be adverses to a natural element in nature - cause and effect. And if you push your body - with proper guidance as much as a DR, can provide -you can beat this.

Good luck and give your body what it needs! I believe you will get better soon.

Much love. Yah even though I don't know you I care!!!! It seems we all do.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I just saw the Dr. today and it turns out I have a peptic ulcer and not acid reflux - the Dr. gave me some new medicine to take and it is working!!! I already feel like I am on the road to recovery. The bladder problem is clearing up as well. Yippee!!!!

Thanks again for all of your support - I really appreciate it.

:bow: