Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sasha on Michelle

I really agree with the facts as presented above in being hard to shake an image. As true as it is it is more disturbing that the generalizations are hanging on the negative, and for sheer definition of the word, "memory," is never a part of the past as much as it is a way to prejudge the future. All true, all sad and most of all never going to change:boohoo: Even if Sasha spent the rest of her days living like Princess Di, she would still be remembered as a brat.

Granted there are exceptions to this rule, Look at Bill Gates. He seems to be shaking the images of a corporate cut throat who stole ideas to get to the top. Now the karma is picking up and he has managed to listen to his brother and wife and start flying right. And it appears the majority of the populous is just eating it up. Or maybe that is just the advantage of having a buttload of money.

So if Sasha can earn as much as Sonjia, maybe the public can be bought too.

I guess there is a good message for the "young ones" in this world there, do it "good" now or you will live with it forever. Unless of course you are willing to risk your reputation on the fact you will be a billionaire and can buy your way out with money you could never spend anyway.

There's a formula for figuring out the biggest grossing film. For years, Gone with the Wind which made just so much money in 1940 was stil way ahead of the other big grossers of nowadays using that formula, but dropped to second with The Passion of Christ.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    so apparently you don't believe she could have "grown up" and "matured" over 4 years? I don't think there's been a sighting of the "Sasha monster" in about that long...
    I think the "Sasha Monster" reared its ugly head in Torino, didn't it? I'm pretty sure she almost ran right into Arakawa. Yes, I know, we're beating the dead horse with this one, but to me it looked very intentional, very "I'll show her who's in charge." Thank god it backfired.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    I think the "Sasha Monster" reared its ugly head in Torino, didn't it? I'm pretty sure she almost ran right into Arakawa. Yes, I know, we're beating the dead horse with this one, but to me it looked very intentional, very "I'll show her who's in charge." Thank god it backfired.
    It must be wonderful to know what other people are thinking. You should charge a fee to be able to read people's minds.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    I really agree with the facts as presented above in being hard to shake an image. As true as it is it is more disturbing that the generalizations are hanging on the negative, and for sheer definition of the word, "memory," is never a part of the past as much as it is a way to prejudge the future. All true, all sad and most of all never going to change:boohoo: Even if Sasha spent the rest of her days living like Princess Di, she would still be remembered as a brat.
    Just being devil's advocate and jumping in to say that Princess Di was not without her critics, i know more than a few people thought (and i really don't agree but my parents are quite vocal about this) that she was clever and manipulative and died at just the right time to become somewhat of a martyr. They believe another year and she'd have been crucified by the rather conersvative British public...the media and tabloids had already started turning on her a few months before her death..again, i don't agree with that but know many people (mostly of my parents age) who did think this.

Granted there are exceptions to this rule, Look at Bill Gates. He seems to be shaking the images of a corporate cut throat who stole ideas to get to the top. Now the karma is picking up and he has managed to listen to his brother and wife and start flying right. And it appears the majority of the populous is just eating it up. Or maybe that is just the advantage of having a buttload of money.
    Well i must say, for me the fact he throw around a few million from his many billions fortune doesn't really make me think any more of him...proportionately is it any more compared to earnings than the rest of us give? He might be able to afford a great PR machine but i still view him with a lot of suspicion

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    I didn't see a monster. I saw a young person who looked stressed half to death and just not paying atterntion to the surroundings. Accidents do happen because people get upset and distracted. It's true for every other human being. Why wouldn't it be true for Sasha? I don't think Sasha is a fool and some of you seem to take her for one. Why would she risk injuring herself or not getting her own warm up done?

Look at her face during the warm up and right when she starts her skate. Those big brown eyes had that deer-in-the-headlights look going big time. Her eyes weren't saying "I am going to get her!". IMO, they were saying "OMG!! OMG!" I give her credit for pulling herself back together. Most skaters that I've seen can't pull themselves out of a meltdown. I didn't think Sasha could. The girl suprised me. Good for her!
    Last edited by SusanBeth; 07-07-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    Just being devil's advocate and jumping in to say that Princess Di was not without her critics, i know more than a few people thought (and i really don't agree but my parents are quite vocal about this) that she was clever and manipulative and died at just the right time to become somewhat of a martyr. They believe another year and she'd have been crucified by the rather conersvative British public...the media and tabloids had already started turning on her a few months before her death..again, i don't agree with that but know many people (mostly of my parents age) who did think this.
    I had never agreed with that view of her (even if I am just being snowed) I felt she was shoved around by the aristocracy and embraced by the public. The only thing I felt was going to show would have been her "fangs" to hold on to her relationship with her children as a mother(moms unless mentally unstable should have "most" rights to their kids), and the fact she would have "fought and won" against the "royalty" in gaining a majority of the rights to her children. I think the Queen has no intention of showing the Laws that govern would be more powerful then her court. I don't think the English would have been all that hip to that either.

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    Well i must say, for me the fact he throw around a few million from his many billions fortune doesn't really make me think any more of him...proportionately is it any more compared to earnings than the rest of us give? He might be able to afford a great PR machine but i still view him with a lot of suspicion

Ant
    Very glad to hear that! The worst thing about it is he is just giving it to the top money making organizations in the world anyway - pharmaceuticals. Some does go to the "needy" via governments of said needy, but I take that as a whatever helps you sleep at night. It is funny how people would want to think something good about someone like that, when there track record is clear. "So he betrayed trust between a colleague, that's just business." Sad and true as it might be, just because things have been does not always mean they must stay that way.
    I guess my point was he is shaking "bad rep" with most - and Ant is most likely correct with him "buying" good PR.

BOT, I agree that is is impressive the way Sasha can pull her self back, and not just because she has had a lot of practice. That would almost make it that much harder to keep picking yourself up time after time after.... I can't believe she is anything shy of a strong willed lady - maybe some view her as tenacious, but strong never the less.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-07-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Custom Title
    I agree that Princess Di was clever and manipulative, but let's face it, she HAD to be to survive being part of the that morally depraved family. She married Charles at 19 and immediately had to face the fact that her role was to be that of childbearer only and for her to expect anything more was unthinkable. She was married to an unrepentently selfish adulterer who resented her for her immense popularity with the British public. I truly believe that if Charles ever becomes King, that will spell the end of the monarchy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanBeth
    I didn't see a monster. I saw a young person who looked stressed half to death and just not paying atterntion to the surroundings. Accidents do happen because people get upset and distracted. It's true for every other human being. Why wouldn't it be true for Sasha? I don't think Sasha is a fool and some of you seem to take her for one. Why would she risk injuring herself or not getting her own warm up done?

Look at her face during the warm up and right when she starts her skate. Those big brown eyes had that deer-in-the-headlights look going big time. Her eyes weren't saying "I am going to get her!". IMO, they were saying "OMG!! OMG!" I give her credit for pulling herself back together. Most skaters that I've seen can't pull themselves out of a meltdown. I didn't think Sasha could. The girl suprised me. Good for her!
    The one reason I don't think it is true for Sasha is because it happens way too often. Too many times SHE is the one involved in these kinds of incidents. I'm not saying she's trying to actually run into people, but she sure as h*** seems to think that it should always be the other person to get out of the way even when Sasha's the one getting in the way in the first place. As for the eyes before she started her LP, she probably looked scared because, knowing her own track record, she knew she was going to blow it on the worlds biggest stage. Sorry, but its true.

Custom Title
    Sasha has often said that in the warmup, she pays attention only to what she herself is doing. The problem with that is that doesn't take into consideration the fact that there are FIVE other skaters on the rink with her, and they can't monitor where Sasha is with respect to themselves, every moment of the time they're on the rink.

It seems as if Sasha feels that the other skaters must look out for Sasha as well as for themselves. Now THAT tells a lot about Sasha's character (some pigs is more equal than other pigs).

About the whole Sasha/Michelle situation ... I think the hardest thing for Sasha is that she never had that one performance, when people were out of their seats cheering before she even finished ... making no difference which (if any) medal she ended up getting. I think every athlete wants that kind of moment. Michelle has had many of those, and I think that is what Sasha longs for. Not so much that she begrudges what Michelle has done ... or that she wants Michelle out so she can have it. Clearly that was not the case ... as in Nats, the Olys and Worlds this past season. Michelle wasn't even there. I'm sure the questions just add to her frustrations about goals of her own that she was unable to fulfill.
    I do feel badly for her.
    ITA with everything you said

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Sasha has often said that in the warmup, she pays attention only to what she herself is doing. The problem with that is that doesn't take into consideration the fact that there are FIVE other skaters on the rink with her, and they can't monitor where Sasha is with respect to themselves, every moment of the time they're on the rink.

It seems as if Sasha feels that the other skaters must look out for Sasha as well as for themselves. Now THAT tells a lot about Sasha's character (some pigs is more equal than other pigs).
    That's EXACTLY how I feel about the whole thing.

Sasha and the looks 12mb
    I don't know how much it has to do with how well someone will skate, but it does seem to say a few things in the personality department.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Sasha and the looks 12mb
    I don't know how much it has to do with how well someone will skate, but it does seem to say a few things in the personality department.
    It's not there Sean, meaning can't download.

Dee

Try it again, I received the emails a little slowly. I don't think it was available yet. Now that I have taken out the trash maybe it is now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast