Swiss Spinners | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Swiss Spinners

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Savoie is probably the best in that regard of the recent crop, especially given that spinning in general is a lost art the last few decades.

I also think Eldredge, Scott Davis, and Ilya Kulik had/have excellent camels. But among the current crop of eligibles, I'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone all that impressive.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Yes. There is Savoie but who else has the classic spin?

Joe

I'm not sure I've seen a camel spin that I would consider "classic" since about 1982..... :sheesh:

I will, say, tho, that I think SIT spins have gotten much better over the last several years; these people are finally learning to GET THEIR BUTTS LOW as opposed to bending down about half a foot and thinking that's a sitspin.

Arianne

On the Ice
Shawn Sawyer has excellent extension on his spins, camel included. Needs more speed and a lower sit spin though.

CzarinaAnya said:
I think Alissa Czisny could be the first american that could be known for her spinning, if she chooses to. Good spinning doesn't usually equal an olympic medal, sadly.
I think Alissa is already America's great spinner. But oh, those jumps.:cry: I'm looking forward to the GPs with jumps not a problem.

Joe

Eeyora

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I think Alissa is already America's great spinner. But oh, those jumps.:cry: I'm looking forward to the GPs with jumps not a problem.

Joe

ITA she is a skater one will run into the room to watch just for the spins!