Tiffany Stiegler & Sergey Magerovskiy? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tiffany Stiegler & Sergey Magerovskiy?

ElFuego

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
It's not unusual to spot a weak link in a team. There are so many. Despite this I will continue to enjoy Tiffany and Sergey as I did in Portland and again in St.Louis. They have, imo, more style than Matthews and Zavosin.

Well, they have a better LINE than Matthews/Zavozin. I'm not sure I would characterize that as style though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
It's not unusual to spot a weak link in a team. There are so many. Despite this I will continue to enjoy Tiffany and Sergey as I did in Portland and again in St.Louis. They have, imo, more style than Matthews and Zavosin.

Joe

I enjoy both teams, I'm sure they'll end up having a great rivalry....

bring on the new season, US Ice Dance is gonna be hot! (I'm gonna miss seeing it unfold at nationals)

ElFuego said:
Well, they have a better LINE than Matthews/Zavozin. I'm not sure I would characterize that as style though.
It's part of it, don't you think? Also they have a great rapport with each other. I find the rapport lacking in M/Z, but I'm judging from LIVE in Calgary where they were not at their best.

Toni - Keep your eyes on Navarro and Bommentre in Spokane. Between them, M/Z and S/M it's going to be a fight for the bronze.

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Bommentre is a beautiful skater, and I look forward the match-up between M/Z, N/B, and S/M. But unless S/M get a big bump from their coaching change, I think it's going to be between M/Z and N/B moreso than S/M, though, at least this year.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Tonichelle said:
I don't think she isn't a good skater, I've actually enjoyed watching this team... she just has a ways to go... whereas I think Sergey is horribly undernoticed/rated just because he's just the guy she skates with and the fans just always focus on her (why I don't know, she's always been just another US skater to me lol)
I think the reason that Sergey gets little recognition is that he's not very expressive. He has good, solid technique for sure, but he doesn't do anything to stand out. And with a partner like Tiffany, beautiful and graceful with expression and charisma to spare, a guy HAS to be able to project some emotion or he'll just be overpowered by Tiffany.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think Matthews & Zavozin tend to have programs that are a bit too difficult for them. They therefore concetrate too much on the technical difficulty, and not enough on expression and finesse; IMHO Belbin & Agosto used to have the same problem through 2003. However, I think they have more potential than Stiegler & Magerovsky.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
It's part of it, don't you think? Also they have a great rapport with each other. I find the rapport lacking in M/Z, but I'm judging from LIVE in Calgary where they were not at their best.

Toni - Keep your eyes on Navarro and Bommentre in Spokane. Between them, M/Z and S/M it's going to be a fight for the bronze.

Joe

Oh I'm not counting N/B out at all... I won't be in Spokane, so hopefully ESPN will show a LOT of ice dance... but I think they should have gotten more attention from fans than they did last year... great team and great programs...

also love P/G so... it's going to be fun in ice dance for a while (providing they all stick with their partners lol)

sk8addict

On the Ice
Navarro

Joesitz said:

Joe
Navarro has GOT to learn to skate WITHOUT lipsincing. It drives me crazy & I bet it affects their scores also.:rofl: :rofl:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Spokane

Tonichelle said:
Oh I'm not counting N/B out at all... I won't be in Spokane, so hopefully ESPN will show a LOT of ice dance... but I think they should have gotten more attention from fans than they did last year... great team and great programs...

also love P/G so... it's going to be fun in ice dance for a while (providing they all stick with their partners lol)
We are not going to Spokane either. Anyone else skipping it? And why? It just wasn't a good destination for us in January. Jeff balked as soon as they were anounced. We were pulling for Hershey or Boston. Local ticket sales were so high it made it next to impossible to get good seats after the first week. Guess that's how they got it. Post Olympic year is usually low attendance.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Sergey

dancindiva03 said:
I think the reason that Sergey gets little recognition is that he's not very expressive. He has good, solid technique for sure, but he doesn't do anything to stand out. And with a partner like Tiffany, beautiful and graceful with expression and charisma to spare, a guy HAS to be able to project some emotion or he'll just be overpowered by Tiffany.
I'm sorry but I had to mark him down for that yellow blonde hair. Why can't brunette men understand how good they look with natural hair color?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
sk8addict said:
I'm sorry but I had to mark him down for that yellow blonde hair. Why can't brunette men understand how good they look with natural hair color?
Amen to that! He definitely went waaaaaaaaaay to blonde.

jesslily

Final Flight
I feel this team does not have too much potential. They lacks many things that a good dance team should have, such as great edges, dance ability, artistry, and the total outlook on the ice.

boggartlaura

On the Ice
I think the two teams with the most potential are Pratt/Gilles and Davis/White. Also look out for the junior team of Samuelson/Bates. And of course Matthews/Zavozin, who are going to rock the GP series this season.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
jesslily said:
I feel this team does not have too much potential. They lacks many things that a good dance team should have, such as great edges, dance ability, artistry, and the total outlook on the ice.

Are you talking about Tiffany and Sergey? Have you even SEEN them? They lack the difficulty of more experienced teams, but they have beautiful edges and artistry, and the dance ability is improving steadily! I think they look absolutely beautiful on the ice.

boggartlaura

On the Ice
dancindiva03 said:
Are you talking about Tiffany and Sergey? Have you even SEEN them? They lack the difficulty of more experienced teams, but they have beautiful edges and artistry, and the dance ability is improving steadily! I think they look absolutely beautiful on the ice.
Well I've seen them and I think Tiffany's edges are much too shallow and their artistry didn't impress me either.