Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CD and OD rhythms

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    John Phillip Sousa rules!

MM

TOTALLY!

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I remember that! I kept waiting and waiting to see if anyone would actually do a march. And finally someone did (I don't remember who, but it was pretty cool. John Phillip Sousa rules!)

MM
    Chait/Sakhnovski did, but their musical choice was questionable given the subject "Themes From a Grand Ballroom," which had a very specific historical reference to music and dance that would be performed at a turn of the century Viennese ball. Denkova/Staviyski's barococo OD was very beautiful and original, but it didn't match the theme. But since the judges didn't deduct for this, nor did the referees warn them in their early competitions, it was accepted, just like C/S's military march.

Medalist
    Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I'm surprised at the variety of music that has been used over the years, even if it has been done rather sporadically. I was interested to hear about Denkova/Staviski's Baroque OD; I have watched their famous Handel FD but did not realize that they had previously skated to Baroque music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2