My Newsssss...... | Golden Skate

My Newsssss......

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Ok just short reports:
1)I made my website! www.kalik.co.yu/mila/
2)I got new skates!
3)I am going to Russia tomorow! I know you will ask will I skate...I don't know. I am going to spend time with my grandparents. Maybe, if I get chance....because it's very expensive and coaches already have planned their work....
Anyway, save some good posts for me ;)

Wow, what a professional-looking web site! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is that you in the picture when you click on My Programs? :rock: Hey, if this figure skating thng doesn't work out you can be a model! :)

Oh wait. Now I see it is cropped from the first picture on the left under Pictures->Hungary 2006. :laugh:

I hope you will have a chance to skate while you are visiting Russian. Good luck!

MM :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Nice site! My only criticism is that the pictures are taking forever to load; you could try a different format to make them lighter.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
thanks...
Ptichka, yeah I know it's loading slowly, but I made it in just 3 days time! When I come back it will be better, lot bettter:)

MM, yeah it's croped from there! I couldn't resist when I saw how cute I was on the photo! (usually I am hidding from cameras)

Have a great time, a_f_s! I hope you get to SKATE in Russia!
And the website is terrific. Surely it's a step in the direction of getting the help you need to skate year-round. Good going! Forza Milochka!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Have a great time, a_f_s! I hope you get to SKATE in Russia!
And the website is terrific. Surely it's a step in the direction of getting the help you need to skate year-round. Good going! Forza Milochka!

Thanks! I like so much to hear "forza milochka!" Little girls from my club made a big stamp for nationals FORZA MILA...it was great...

I got back 2 days ago and I can tell I had a great time! I MET IRINA (Slutskaya ofcourse)!!!!! Totaly unexpected and unformal! I WAS HOLDING HER SKATES!!! Soon I will post everything on my site:)

Vash01

Medalist
Wow! You met Irina? That must have been so exciting.

Glad to hear you had a nice time. Look forward to reading about it on your website. BTW, your website looks GREAT!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
how I met Ira....

here it is, I did copy-paste from material I prepared for my site:

As I bought new skates, I had to put blades and boots together. For that,you go to profesionals. We went to Mr.Aleksandar Kuznetsov. While he was working on my skates, we were talking to him, and suddenly we asked: Will Irina skate anymore? He answered like by the way: Oh, she should step by any moment so you can ask her! I taught I didn't hear well, but then he said: She came from America this morning and she should come over now, Irina ofcourse. Firstly I taught that he is joking but then I was like: "Well, maybe it's the true, maybe she WILL come. But probably it will be bad traffic so she will late, or she will simply cancel it for some reason...."

And after about 20 minutes- she appeared and said "hi!" I was in shock. I just couldn't believe it, Irina, herself, standing right in front of me. Her, European, World, and no mather what results showed, I am free to say- Olympic champion too. Can you believe it? How many people live in Moscow and skate every day, but never got chance to meet her? And I did! My arms and legs were shaking and I was thinking about one thing: "Mila, you Stupid girl, why did you left the camera at home?!" Every single day the camera was in the bag and today- I left it at home, thinking that nobody important will be on that ice rink, as there is no ice now. But you know what? I think that it's destiny, probably, if I had a camera, she wouldn't come.

What can I tell you, she is so sweet, so nice, so relaxed....the best person I've ever met! She is a real sweetheart! Atleast I took and autograph and after she left- I took her skates in hands. (as she left them to Mr. Kuznetsov to take care about them).

The most interesting thing is that a week before returning to Belgrade, all photos from my camera- were erased. I don't even know what happened. It was like a sign not to worry anymore that I didn't take a photo with her. So that is my little story about destiny. And how biggest things in your life happen- totaly suddenly.

What a fantastic experience! That's so cool!!!!

That is interesting about all of your pictures being erased. It's like Someone was telling you, you have your picture of Irina in your heart, so why do you need a picture?

(Maybe next year you will meet Carolina Kostner. :yes: )

R.D.

Record Breaker
hey AFS, if I may be slightly critical...I have the Firefox Browser (1.5) and your site does not display correctly for me. Is it only for IE users? If so you might want to indicate that.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
What a fantastic experience! That's so cool!!!!

That is interesting about all of your pictures being erased. It's like Someone was telling you, you have your picture of Irina in your heart, so why do you need a picture?

(Maybe next year you will meet Carolina Kostner. :yes: )

Yes it's really very interesting....and I do say, that stuff about camera, it's really like destiny...

And about Carolina...you know how people say here? "from your lips to God's ears!" :biggrin:

ChelleC

Rinkside
It's great that you were able to meet Irina! Your website looks very nice, although I did have a problem with a few of the photos, they didn't display for me.