Thread: Jahnke's Thoughts "From the afterlife" (June 11th journal)

Custom Title

Jahnke's Thoughts "From the afterlife" (June 11th journal)

This link got buried in the Grand Prix thread so I thought I'd start a separate thread for Ryan Jahnke because I enjoy reading his amusing and eloquent journal entries -- his latest is dated June 11th -- and it summarizes his extremely busy life since Nationals:
    http://figureskatersonline.com/ryanj...thought14.html

At the USFS Governing Council meeting in May, Jahnke was elected by the athletes to be one of three athlete representatives to the 15 person U.S. Figure Skating Board of Directors -- congrats to him!

Jahnke's St. Louis Nationals free skate to Copeland's "Rodeo" was quite a good performance (I know he was happy with it), and it's too bad ABC didn't televise it live (he skated early in the second-to-last group).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Sylvia, thanks for posting this again. I really like Ryan and am happy that things are working out for him. I had mentioned this once before but will again. A couple of years ago coming back from Skate Canada, I saw Ryan at the airport and what a nice guy to talk to. I had mentioned that when he finished his program, I jumped up and was waving my US flag. He truly sounded like he appreciated it. We talked about busy schedules and he talked and acted like a down to earth kind of guy.

This quote made me laugh and it sounds like him.

I think I need to have a burial ceremony for my luggage when I get home. My large suitcase has accompanied me to Japan, China three times, Canada twice, Europe multiple times, and has crisscrossed the United States. Please join me in a moment of silence........................................... ...... Thank you. (sniffle, sniffle)
    Love it.

Dee

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    He truly sounded like he appreciated it. We talked about busy schedules and he talked and acted like a down to earth kind of guy.
    Thanks for sharing your anecdote! Yep, he is one of the most genuinely nice, sincere, humorous, and down-to-earth guys I've met in skating. Lucky skaters who have him as a coach and/or choreographer now!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-06-2006 at 08:41 PM.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Aw, what a sweetie. And a very articulate one, at that.

Nice guy and he did a workman like performance of Rodeo. The music is quite sumptuous and I think it could have been done without the 'cowboy' concept. The music stands on its own.

Joe

Ryan's journal entries are a hoot! I love his attitude and I wish him all the best in his coaching duties, etc.

Ryan Bradley makes me leak!
    Ryan

Custom Title
    I met Ryan at Nats in St. Louis. Extremely friendly guy, and so was his coach, Diana.

I too enjoyed his Rodeo program, but Joe I thought he looked smashing in the pseudo cowboy attire!

Quote Originally Posted by waxel
    I met Ryan at Nats in St. Louis. Extremely friendly guy, and so was his coach, Diana.

I too enjoyed his Rodeo program, but Joe I thought he looked smashing in the pseudo cowboy attire!
    I agree, Waxel, but that costume is not appreciated outside show skating, imo.

Joe