Final four ticket packages for U.S. Nationals on sale Aug. 11 | Golden Skate

Final four ticket packages for U.S. Nationals on sale Aug. 11

Did they ever get the hotel situation straightened out, or do you still have to go though the booking agent and take whatever hotel they give you?

Best wishes to Evan on his clinic. Tell him to be sure to post some pictures from the event on his web site, so everyone can see his attrocious new hair cut, LOL.

No price is given for the "final four" tickets, but the all-events are only $495. Spokane (my home town!) is out to set the all-time attendance record for U.S.Nationals (currently 125,000 for Los Angeles, 2002).

MM :)

Last edited:
It's starting to look like it, isn't it? When the big flap first came out about pushing Evan over Johnny Weir on the web site, I sort of pooh-poohed the whole idea. But if you go to the Spokane site in the first post, it does look sort of strange to see Belbin and Agosto, Inoue and Baldwin, Kimmie Meissner (hey -- they took down Sasha since the last time I visited -- do they know something they're not telling us?!) and Lysacek instead of defending U.S. Champ Johnny.

(Some people thought that maybe USFS was trying for a more macho image for the sport, but if so, they wouldn't have pictured Evan in that black and gold matador suit. :laugh: )

It might just depend on availability, though. At the St. Paul championships they used Amber Corwin as a featured spokesperson in advance publicity events.

It could be that they are trying to be fair to all the top skaters. I think if Matt were still on the roster he would also get some PR.

Joe

Maybe. But the Spokane site has big pictures of only one skater/team in each discipline.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
According to the notice I received from the Spokane Arena the price for the 4 Finals tickets will be $298.00. Pairs & Dance finals will be held on Jan. 26 & Ladies & Men finals will be held Jan. 27.

merrywidow said:
According to the notice I received from the Spokane Arena the price for the 4 Finals tickets will be $298.00. Pairs & Dance finals will be held on Jan. 26 & Ladies & Men finals will be held Jan. 27.
I just go a large post card from USFS announcing this deal to purchase before it goes on sale August 11. I kind of think they are not selling out tickets.

Joe

Hey, everybody, here I am in Spokane, scoping out the scene.

I walked by the building of the primary local sponsor (Washington Trust Bank), and they had three big posters up advertising the event: Belbin & Agosto, Sasha and Michelle (?!).

I notice, though, that now the official website features Lysacek, Weir, Meissner, B&A and Inoue and Baldwin, but no Sasha.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Well that would be because no one put up a stink about Sasha not being there. Meissner was the World Champion, so it makes sense that she would be there. But, dispite the fact that Lysacek placed higher than Weir at worlds and it seemed obvious that they just went with the highest finisher at worlds... not including Johnny is homophobic.

Let me say that I love Johnny and I really do think they should have used the National Champs on the literature as well, this whole "controversy" is just :rolleye:

Seating details and decent crowds

From an article in today's Spokane-Review:

" Listen up, skating fans: For those who bought tickets for the 2007 U.S. Figure Skating Championships waaaay in advance, you're finally going to find out where you'll be sitting for the Jan. 21-28 event.

"Tickets are scheduled to be mailed the week of Dec. 11. In order to determine the seating, tickets were time-stamped when they were bought. Thus, the earlier the purchase, the better the location.

"Heading into the Thanksgiving weekend, local promoter Toby Steward of Star USA said more than 100,000 tickets have been sold. The women's final, traditionally the most popular event at competitions, is close to selling out. It will be held at 10:40 a.m. (live TV) on Saturday, Jan. 27."

The article goes on to speculate about Sasha's attendance or not (predicts not).

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/local/story.asp?ID=161223