Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Thread (Spoilers!) | Golden Skate

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Thread (Spoilers!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I figured this would be a good time to start a thread for one of the most anticipated movies of the summer. I'll be seeing it sometime this weekend, and I can't wait. So those of you lucky enough to have seen it opening night/day... let us know what you thought!

And if you don't want to know the ending, and haven't seen the film DON'T read any further down!
;)

Buzzz

Final Flight
It was very good, just as good as the original. But it is darker than the first.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
From what I've read it's the equivilant of the original Star Wars Trilogy's Empire... better than the original in a lot of ways, and just as dark... with some nice twists.. I hope it meets my expectations... because if it IS that good... *shivers with anticipation*

Bottom line for me, is that it is a summer movie which should be an enjoyable way to get away from the heat.

Who really cares if any planned summer blockbuster is a thought provoking movie?

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
I enjoyed it. There are some really funny moments, especially when everyone is trying to escape from the native tribe. I liked Barbossa as the villain more than Davy Jones, but that's the closest I'll come to complaining. I liked that the two stupid pirates from the first film have returned. Can't wait for number 3.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just watched the BEST sequel this side of the Caribbean. I was quite impressed. There were certain scenes I would have done without just for time and pacing's sake, but other than that it was fantastic. Yes there were certain things I missed, like getting to know Jack Sparrow. We've already met him, and let's face it his entrance in the first movie can never and will never be topped. But they did a great job in bringing him into the second one. Johnny Depp, you will never cease to amaze me. LOL

I'm trying not to give away anything but it is so hard! It is extremely dark compared to the first one, and I'm not sure if I'd recommend my brother going to it, especially after he brought up a 100lbs octapus during their last fishing outing, but it's just so great. The music was, again, fanTASTIC. I loved it. I was dancing in my seat. I so wish I were a percussionist. That would be an awesome round to play. ;)

Anyway, there were a few surprises, but overall, it was a decent film. I love that Orlando Bloom brings an honest character into hero-dom. Will Turner will never be turned. ;) He may come close, but still. I really do love that character. As much as Jack Sparrow is celebrated, I think Will should get some props as well. He always gets a bad rap with teh fans and with Jack for being a wimp, but it takes so much more courage to be a Will Turner than it does to be a Jack Sparrow. *off my morallity soapbox*

I think they may have gone over the top with the "bad guys" in this film, but still... it was a great film. Worthy of being a pirates movie.

but if they add any of this to the ride I'm going to go kick some sense back into the bigwigs at Disney. lol

IDLERACER

Medalist
I haven't seen the movie, I've only seen the trailer. I'd like to point out something obvious. The inspiration for THIS character, obviously came from THIS one.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That be Davey Jones, matey. Ye best watch yer back. He don't be likin' yer humor.

;)

I seriously need to get out more lol

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Gimme a YARR!

I saw the movie Saturday and just might see it again tonight after work! It was darker than the first film, but just as entertaining.
I loved loved LOVED the fight sequences, especially the one on the mill wheel. The special effects were quite good, and the action was very well-paced. I was surprised when the movie was over because I'd heard it was 2.5 hours. It sure didn't feel that long!
I saw a man about my age wearing an eye patch outside the theater and almost asked to hear him say "yarr" (as I'd done to the 7-year-old with a plastic hat, hook and sword a few minutes before) - but I would have been mortified if he was nursing an eye injury. :laugh:
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Can I go with?

from what I hear there is something extra after the credits ??? I missed it and want to go back and see it now lol (I may sneak over there tomorrow afternoon... but I hate going to movies by myself lol)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Can I go with?

from what I hear there is something extra after the credits ??? I missed it and want to go back and see it now lol (I may sneak over there tomorrow afternoon... but I hate going to movies by myself lol)

Hint: Dog is God spelled backwards. Enjoy!

Antilles

Medalist
I'm getting a little worried about number 3. They started shooting without a finished script, and they keep adding villains. I don't know how they'll have time to write for all them. Davy Jones will obviously be back. They've already mentioned bringing Geoffrey Rush back, and they have also added Chow-Yun Fat (sp?) as another villain. I hope they can keep up the momentum.

Damn, I usuallys stay for credits, but this time I didn't. I planned to go back and see it a second time anyway, so I guess this will be as good an excuse as any.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I wonder which ride they're going to turn into a film next. "Space Mountain?" "It's A Small World?" Somehow I'm having trouble picturing "Matterhorn, The Movie" on a marquis.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's a Small World goes along with "Around the World in 80 days" just a little trivia for you...

Space Mountain is also somewhat based in basically space movies...

though who knows they may bring it back... I think if they wanted to do another one they could do "Expedition Everest" the new ride at Animal Kingdom (taken from EuroDisney[or is it Disneyland Paris now? I can never keep track lol])